Resident Engineer: MUST Have Juniper experience on the following platforms: EX, QFX, ACX, MX, T1600/ 4000, PTX5K, few SRXs.
From technology perspective (in priority order): IP/MPLS, MBH (must from day1), CGNAT, eVPN/ VxLan.
MUST have some JNPR certification.
Job Description/ Purpose:
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, this is a highly technical role, providing pre & post-sales support of Junipers Network Products.
The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customer’s networks.
- Troubleshooting the network’s design and architecture issues
- Analyzing network and device configurations
- Providing network design leadership; assisting in identifying and building solutions
- Testing product features and functionality
- Providing deployment guidance to ensure that implementations are consistent with design specifications
- Providing informal workshops to transfer knowledge to engineering staff
- Applying industry best practices to the design, planning and implementation of the network
- Applying extensive industry experience to optimise network performance and proactively analyse potential enhancements
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
This is a full-time position and may require long work hours. Technical support to the Customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the customer and to the Account Team and leadership.
- Hold design and information gathering workshops with the Account Team & customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Understand the customer’s organisational structure and become familiar with the customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- Carry out testing of new Designs, features and functionality as required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Train the customer’s design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the products
- Support design and planning of the solutions and associated solutions within the Customer infrastructure.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for product applications.
- Peer with other employees performing similar Resident Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimise risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
- The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the product portfolio.
Skills and Experience: Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 7 year’s experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments. Candidates for this role must also have a minimum of 3 year’s experience designing IP networks. Preferred candidates for this position should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering with JNCIE certification or equivalent experience.
Candidates MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analysers.
- A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks.
These skills include but are not limited to:
- TCP/ IP and MPLS fundamentals
- IP/ Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy)
- Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
- Routing policies at BGP peering points
- VPNs and the associated tunnelling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN, eVPN/VxLan)
- IP/ MPLS
- MBH (must from day1)
- Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Juniper Hardware: EX, QFX, ACX, MX, T1600/ 4000, PTX5K, few SRXs
- At least 5+ yrs of experience with a network service provider
- JUNOS CLI experience
- Must understand IP MPLS and CG NAT
- Must be able to communicate with internal Juniper Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer
- Unix/ Linux skills a plus
- Scripting skills a must.
- Test equipment such as Spirent, Agilent N2X, and Ixia a plus
- Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc.
- Experience with Multicast, BRAS and BNG is strongly preferred
- 5+ year’s experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
- JNCIE a strong plus
Job Reference: JO-1808-138956
Salary: US$500 - US$550 per day
Job Start Date: 03/09/2018
Job Skill: ACX, CGNAT, eVPN/ VxLan., EX, IP/ MPLS, Juniper, MBH (must from day1), mx, PTX5K, qfx, SRX, T1600/ 4000