Product owner- Contract- London- £550.00-750.00 per day
You will work on leading the digital transformation of a global data business. They are an in-house accelerator team pioneering the use of digital publishing to capture data and drive double digit growth globally across all markets through subsequent use in digital marketing initiatives. They are committed to building innovative digital solutions, providing their customers with an exceptional experience. From building a world-class platform they are pushing the boundaries to ensure they are a source of innovation. You will be using lean start-up ways of working/no room for scrum or fake agile.
Adopting the best technology and a customer first approach in design they are hiring a product leader who can help define the vision, set the strategy and execute the product road-map. You have a strong strategic mindset and excellent leadership skills. You will excel in building relationships and have a practical understanding of technology and website development
- You will be responsible for driving value vs building features.
- Being able to think lean – i.e. what are the big assumptions backing up my idea, how can I test them as quick and cheap as possible.
- Discovery of what is happening in the industry/competitors/outside world that can be a source of ideas for the next feature/experiment.
- Owning the co-ordination of the content production with global markets, co-creating and aligning product and content strategy.
- You will be working with the developers and designers to flesh out experiments, researching the competition looking for opportunities, monitoring key metrics e.g. traffic/engagement, liaising with markets to understand growth opportunities in local markets (20+ of them!)
- The role is primarily executional, and the opportunity is very much greenfield for you to have a lot of autonomy and add value.
- Manage end to end delivery and ongoing prioritisation and stakeholder communication
- Develop go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging and all elements related to the business case.
- Communicate internally and externally to evangelize vision and inspire all stakeholders to get them on the same page.
- Proven experience managing complex global initiatives end to end, from strategy through to operational delivery and initiative scaling.
- You will have an experimentation mindset, build-measure-learn mentality, focus on customer and business value vs a feature factory.
- You are obsessed with being KPI focused/driven.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop strategy, business plans, customers and market insights
- An excellent understanding of how technical teams work and an ability to provide leadership to technical teams so the products can be launched with maximum effectiveness.
- Background likely to be consumer-facing online and digital media, preferably with an e-commerce component.
- Ability to apply the best organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills to product development and strategy.
- Measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, users understand it and, if applicable, that they are willing to pay.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving aptitude combined with brilliant communication skills.
- Outstanding product instincts and creativity combined with a passion for digital transformation.
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership.
- Understand and be able to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record to take full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch.
Job Reference: JO-2001-156550
Salary: £550.00 - £750.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Product Management
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Agile, Data, Digital, Innovation, KPI's, metrics, Product Management, Stakeholder management