Business Application Manager /Specialist – Energy / Utilities – Brussels
€65,000 – €70,000 + Car + Benefits
General position description
The common Grid Model Business process requires a significant data exchange amongst all members. The IT data exchange system which is under construction is called the Operational Planning Data Exchange Platform [OPDE] and is fully in scope of the common grid model program.
The Operational Planning Data environment is built up out of 3 interacting IT layers:
ATOM: the underlying IT communication network
Connectivity Platform: a distributed software platform that allows secure and traceable data-exchange
Multiple central IT business applications: these apps are plugged into the Connectivity platform and process the data according to the agreed common grid model processes
The successful Business Application Manager / specialist will work on the last layer, responsible of the delivery including installation and operation follow-up, at the client Secretariat in Brussels.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Acts as an IT specialist and accountable for one or more business application and associated services, including IT requirements
- Work together with the Business Application Lead analyze and translate further business/functional requirements into concrete IT specifications to be provided and discussed towards third-party IT manufacturers
- Proposes and ensures solutions are compatible and consistent with existing Applications
- Measure and monitor progress during each test to ensure that the business applications are tested, validated, and piloted on time and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Perform quality reviews to ensure traceability of the designs to the requirements
- Controls, validates and challenges third-parties or vendors with respect to data architecture, data governance, operational support and service levels.
- Prepare, develop and deliver vendor contracts for application development, support and maintenance activities.
- Assist the Technical Architect in defining and reviewing the technical requirements for the platform, including security, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Follows up on application security, risk and other incidents when needed
- Collaboration with other Support engineers and Product owners to make sure that the architecture components interact to fulfill the requirements and meet performance goals.
- Contribute to ensure organizational readiness and business commitment for deployment.
- Day to day management of issues reported by users related to business applications
- Proactive approach against recurring issues
- Update SharePoint site
- IT development skills, with a strong willingness to understand the business side of the assigned topics, including reviewing and updating functional and technical specifications
- Power System and Grid Management Domain Skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to deal with different providers and/or contributors located in various countries
- “Hands-on” experience in vendor management and contract management processes.
- Quick self-starter, ability to solve problems
- Team-worker, but able to work independently
- Be the expert of the topics and/or applications you will be responsible for:
- IT development skills, with a strong willingness to understand the business side of the assigned topics
- Reviewing and updating functional, technical, product specifications and documentation
- Ensure the progress of the different topics, take charge of tasks in an autonomous manner
- Administrative aspects inherent to management (meeting organization and follow up, etc.)
- Ensure communication with our users/stakeholders
- Drive/Support tests relevant to your topics and/or applications:
- Testing experience involving non-monolithic applications strong testing monitoring skills
- Organization of testing campaigns
- Collection and report quality metrics
- Determine quality KPIs and other controls
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: 64527488262
Salary: €65000 - €70000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Programme & Project Management Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent