Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Salt is currently hiring for a big banking client in Brussels, who are in need of a IT programme manager.
The position would require onsite work 4 days in the month in Brussels.
Responsibilities of the Programme Manager include:
* Defining the epic and coordinating its implementation in line with organizational standards, policies, and principles.
* Meeting the epic objectives within quality, time, and budget targets and managing associated risks.
* Aligning the scope including POC/MVP and next increments definition of the epic with the Product Owners
* Obtaining the functional and technical solutions with the Architects/Engineers
* Agreeing on the delivery plans and costs with the (Tribe) Scrum masters/ Delivery Owners
* Compiling the feature roadmap and the epic investment proposal
* Managing the Epic SteerCo and reporting on the epic to/obtaining the approvals from the epic portfolio management
* Leads the development of the IT proposal to determine timeframe, budget, procedures for accomplishing the epic, staffing requirements and assignment of available resources to various phases of the epic.
* Coordinates various stakeholder to achieve epic objectives
* Oversees the business, technical, organizational and financial aspects of the epic
* Defines the overall epic governance and organisation, the deliverable scope and the associated responsibilities.
* Regularly report on progress at all levels, including sponsor & senior management
* Challenges and negotiates changes in epic scope with the Product Owner or sponsor
* Analyse requirements with the Product Owners and with the Domain Architects/Engineers to evaluate feasibility of epics in the inception phases
* Deals with changes and instability in the epic management processes, strategy and frameworks for epics with unusual size, timeframe or complexity
* Presents the epic proposal and gains the support from the stakeholders with the help of business or technical subject matter experts
* Could in some cases also negotiate and manage contracts with external suppliers with the support of specialized teams (e.g. Corporate Procurement)
* Requires a good business and technical understanding of product & IT developments gained in project/programme management roles and the interpersonal skills to influence decisions
Qualifications – Internal
* at least 15 years of experience in product & IT development of which 10 years in project/programme management or similar role
* significant business and technical understanding of financial services and/or new technologies
* organizational skills and structured mindset
* strong leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills
* experience in leading cross functional multi-disciplinary teams
* experience in managing and coaching teams (virtual and direct ones) in the areas of performance, standards and work methods
* very good analysis & investigation skills; ability to break down complex problems and develop solutions
* excellent communication skills (verbal, written, active listening) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level
* strong negotiation, conflict management and influencing skills at different levels of management
* solid knowledge of business and financial drivers
* ability to operate in a changing environment and to participate to the change
* assertiveness in driving tasks to completion
* experience of agile practices and methods,
* experience in a financial regulated environment is a plus