IT -Project lead/Program manager (application development, infrastructure) – Banking Client – Brussel (Senior)
Rate: €800 – €900 per day
Duration: 1 year freelance contract – INSIDE IR35
****The role will start of working remotely due to Covid. after Covid you will be required onsite twice per week.
- Manages all aspects of a diverse IT project or multiple IT projects, typically involving multiple disciplines in the IT function
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct team members and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met
- Defines a project and coordinates its implementation in line with organizational project management standards, policies, and principles.
- Responsible for meeting project objectives within quality, time, and budget targets, and for managing associated risks.
- Typically requires specialist project management experience, relevant qualifications in industry-standard project management techniques, as well as an understanding of the project technical and business issues.
- Leads the development of the project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, budget ,procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and assignment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Defines the overall project governance and organisation, the deliverable scope and the associated responsibilities.
- Oversees the business, technical, organizational, management and financial aspects of the project.
- Regularly reports project progress at all levels, including senior management and/or the sponsor/client.
- Challenges, and if required may negotiates changes in project specification or scope with the project sponsor/client.
- Coordinates a team of specialists to implement project tasks.
- Acts as the interface and facilitator between the project sponsor/customer and the various IT services involved in the project
- Can negotiate and manage contracts with external suppliers with the support of specialized teams (e.g. Corporate Procurement)
- Can analyse requirements with the project sponsor/customer and with the support of the Enterprise Architect / Application Architects in order to evaluate the project feasibility within the scope of a pre-defined strategy.
- Leads projects for which the unusual size(+15000 man-days), timeframe or complexity requires the ability to deal with changes and instability in the project management processes, strategy and frameworks
- Is responsible for the budget evolution of the projects
- Is able to convincingly present the project and win buy-in from the sponsor/client , possibly using the support of business or technical subject matter experts – Regularly Leads improvement initiatives.
- Manages relationships with external suppliers at the project level.
- Performance and achievements are subject to periodic review against targets.
- Requires a good business and technical understanding, gained over several infrastructure and application development projects, and the interpersonal skills to influence decisions taken with the project sponsor/client
- -Anticipating / mitigating risks and issues , proposing creative solutions /alternatives, and being transparent
- -Being able to give a résumé of the status of a large projects in a few bullet points.
- -Stakeholder management skills , aligning and agreeing with both very junior and sometimes very senior stakeholders .
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: JO-2112-249448
Salary: €800 - €850 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 1 year
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Programme & Project Management Jobs, Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract