Project Manager – London – Technology – Waterfall and Agile, Media, Publishing, Digital
The candidate should have extensive project management experience in both Waterfall and Agile practices. The candidate should also have experience in developing and implementing “best practices” in relation to project management.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The role is to manage key projects for the business and to implement structured project processes, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the project portfolio for the Business, maintaining the list of current, planned and completed projects and maintaining a high-level summary for management.
- Provide comprehensive project management for key business IT projects, including but not limited to: CRM, subscription management, events platforms and compliance (e.g. PCI/DSS/GDPR).
- Develop and maintain project plans working with key stakeholders to ensure they reflect business requirements.
- Work with business analyst resources (or provide analysis otherwise where required) to inform project requirements.
- Manage project budgets, raising purchase orders as required.
- Lead any RFI/RFP processes including identifying and liaising with current and potential suppliers.
- Manage all internal and external stakeholders, providing relevant and timely information.
- Matrix management of project resources.
- Organise regular project meetings, including prior distribution of agendas and recording of minutes.
- Manage all risks and issues for key projects with appropriate mitigations, escalating where tolerances are likely to be exceeded to project boards / CTO.
Personal Specifications and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools, including Confluence and JIRA.
- Experienced change manager, adept at removing roadblocks and gaining buy-in.
- General understanding of topics including: Master Data Management, API’s, single view of the customer, GDPR and Cloud technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- A team player both internally and externally.
- Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
- A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
- Good commercial awareness, with a willingness to find lower cost solutions to save money wherever appropriate.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
Other Special Requirements:
- Necessary education/qualifications:
- Experience managing projects in a complex environment.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering enterprise projects on time, to budget and to scope.
- Good knowledge and experience of running both agile and waterfall projects (ideally backed up with a qualification such as Scrum Master or Prince2).
- Publishing or media experience desirable but not essential
Job Reference: SKPM
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP- 3 Months
Job Industries: Programme & Project Management Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Digital, Media, PROJECT MANAGER, publishing, Technology, Waterfall and Agile