Senior Project Leader for Security Projects – Banking Domain – Brussels
Rate: 700 – 800 per day
Duration: 1 year freelance contract
*** This contract role is remote due to covid however you must be prepared to work in Brussels once travel is allowed***
As a global critical financial infrastructure, the protection of the clients information and assets is fundamental to the company’s business.
Security is at the core of our services, firmly embedded in the management systems and processes of the company. You will be joining our Chief Information Security Office division (CISO) in charge of putting in place the required controls to adequately and effectively protect our information assets.
We are currently looking for an experienced project leader to strengthen its team.
Your part of the deal:
You will join the CISO project team and will be accountable for the delivery of end-to-end Security projects, in relationship with various technical domains such as Network LAN/WAN, Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe or Tandem.
Every aspect of our business is supported by highly advanced technologies while anyway supporting the legacy applications and platforms.
Your overall responsibility of the project includes:
- Build the business case with the help of the project Sponsors
- Define the benefits, scope, timing and budget of the project
- Deliver the project scope on time, on budget and with the expected quality
- Ensure quality of deliverables and delivered services through a structured project management approach (project planning tools, project reporting, project management methodology, project risks management, etc)
- Collaborate with teams across various divisions and entities (e.g. French and UK colleagues)
- Coordinate all parties involved in the project: both inside the organization (Corporate Technology, Applications Development, Operations, Commercial, Risk, Audit, etc) and externally (for example IT suppliers or clients)
- Maintain compliance with architecture principles and recommendations
- Hand over the finalized project to the maintenance and operational teams
On top of the delivery of the projects, you will also contribute to the team initiatives to ensure year-to-year cost reduction of running similar projects or improving the knowledge of the team by sharing your own experience.
Opportunities to broaden your expertise will be offered by participating to different projects with different profiles and different level of complexity. You will also benefit from the support of our most senior PL’s.
- You already have 5+ years of proven Project Management experience in an IT delivery / Security environment
- You are experienced in managing end to end several projects in parallel with size varying from 300 to 3,000 man-days.
- You have demonstrated through your career strong leadership skills with the ability as well to adapt your style according to the context and the different project stakeholders.
- These projects were managed according to at least one of the industry standard methodologies like Waterfall, PMI or Prince2. The Knowledge of Scrum methodology would be an added value.
- Your responsibilities encompassed the different aspects of these ones (Planning, Budgets, Risks & Issues, Resources management ). Previous experience of outsourced projects management is a plus.
- You naturally have strong negotiation and conflict management skills and you are able to influence different levels of management towards your projects targets.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level.
- You have a natural affinity with the technical domains and experienced at least 3 of them in your past experience (e.g. Network LAN/WAN, Cyber-Security, Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe or Tandem). This allows you to understand the IT infrastructures & architectures in a complex environment and to synthesize the situation in an understandable way for different audiences.
Please do send an up to date CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-2103-199064
Salary: €700 - €800.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Programme & Project Management Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract