Business Analyst – London/Nottingham
Day rate: £250 – £400
Duration: 3 – 6 months
- Works as a consultant to the business, applying a strategic approach and focus towards information systems, innovation and business processes, key drivers/metrics of success for the business.
- Identifies business unit needs using various analysis techniques such as data flow modelling and work flow analysis. Solicit information through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Lead the effort to develop, collect and analyse metrics and continually improve processes owned by the business unit.
- Conduct preliminary research for project requests. Defines project scope and objectives when applicable.
- Act as a lead on key projects for the business unit, in the absence of a project manager.
- Works directly with appropriate business unit personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach. Takes assigned business unit projects from original concept through final implementation, with minimal guidance.
- Develops effective reporting tools.
- Works with the technical architects to identify and plan efficient operational systems in support of core business functions and business processes to align with business goal.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience required.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer software and applications.
- General understanding of programming, database design and development, data sources and data feeds used to populate reports.
- Curious and excited by new ideas.
- Fluent in the agile mindset.
- Energised by a fast-paced environment.
- Focused on the team.
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology.
- Community-focused, dependable and committed.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Confident communicator, quick to engage stakeholders and able to present ideas clearly through a variety of formats.
Job Reference: JO-2107-244981
Salary: £250 - £400 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 - 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract