Chief Architect | OUTSIDE IR35 | Remote | 6 Months | Public Sector/Government | Rate Negotiable
The Chief Architect is a key leading role within the client’s Digital and Technology function, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. The role is accountable for the successful provision of architecture skills, capacity, and practices to support the client to realise its strategic objectives, and it does this through:
- Leading the architecture function, owning the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Practice and unifying underlying disciplines (e.g., domain, solution, technology, and enterprise architecture)
- Leading the governance of Architecture for the organisation, for both current and future states
- Being the source of expertise for the organisation, influencing strategy, enabling organisational objectives, and guiding the organisation through its transformation and optimisation initiative.
Knowledge of Cyber Security best practices, ideally within a UK Government context is highly desirable.
- Help the organisation achieve targeted business outcomes related to revenue growth, enhancing impact, optimising costs, and mitigating risks.
- Work with Business and Leadership Stakeholders to develop strategy, translating and executing business strategy to achieve the organization’s targeted business outcomes, identifying key outcomes, future state needs and improvement opportunities
- Build relationships with business and IT stakeholders to communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture
- Work with CTO and Digital Directors of Technology & Delivery to achieve strategic outcomes, maximising reuse, driving reduction in technology debt and helping the organisation scale Agile.
- Own and maintain the roadmap for evolution of architecture, the Architecture Framework, documentation of architecture through logical, capability and technology blueprints
- Guide the delivery of EA’s services. Engage business and IT stakeholders, creating and building relationships and driving agile thinking in architecture.
- Build an EA team oriented around internal management consulting, and drive the evolution of the EA teams services and operating model
- Coach and mentor architecture practitioners, drive the community of practice for standards, methods, and capabilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience of leading Architecture in large, complex multinational organisations
- Knowledge of business ecosystems and experience of their implementation, including:
- Cloud technologies such as SaaS, IaaS, PaaS,
- SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics,
- RPA, AI, Machine Learning and Blockchain
- Other emerging technologies and their implementation.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security best practices, ideally within a UK Government context (OWASP, NCSC, ISO27xxx standards) and awareness of GDPR and its impact on architecture and technology
- Experience of leading architecture communities of practice, familiarity of graphical modelling approaches, tools, and management of model repositories.
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, and risk management.
Please apply below for further details.
Job Reference: JO-2211-328634
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract