CICS SME – Surrey / London – CICS, IBM, Linux
As one of our CICS/Assembler Systems Programmers you’d be part of a team supporting and maintaining the bank’s in-house written Middleware products hosted on the IBM Mainframe.
- You’d have responsibility for creating, shaping and nurturing technical designs to ensure quality products are put in to live production.
- You’ll get to have accountability for influencing and driving architectural improvements and help setting the future direction of solutions.
- We’re all about simplification so you’ll provide some real input into rationalising and standardising versions and components as well as reconfiguring some services.
- You’d get the chance to identify any functionality suitable for migration to appropriate 3rd party software products (e.g. IBM Message Broker/Integration Bus) and lead any migration work.
- And you’ll use your expertise to provide technical input to risk issues and audit processes- balancing deadlines with any production incidents.
- You’ll need to be a highly capable CICS Assembler programmer capable of quickly analysing and understanding a considerable suite of programs.
- You’ll have core skills as a CICS Sys Prog whether gained in Financial Services or other industries.
- A working knowledge of IBM MQ and webservices interfaces due to the nature of the messaging processed through these products.
- Capable of communicating complex information and ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences you’ll pride yourself on making the complex simple.
Job Reference: CICS/SK
Salary: £60000 - £100000 per annum + benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP- 3 Months
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Surrey
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Assembler, CICS, client facing, DB2, IBM Mainframe, IMS, Linux, Mainframe, Support, z/OS