Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Software Engineering Manager | 6-month Contract | Inside IR35 | Remote (occasional LDN visits) £700-800 p/day
The role is working for a new, disruptive business bank that is powered by one of the largest banks in the U.K, they have currently been operating for just over three years as an account but are now going through a stage of growth and looking for an Engineering Manager to join them as they transition into a full Neo-bank and become fully stand-alone.
As Software Engineering Manager, you will be leading their “be a bank” team which is responsible for building for core digital banking platform.
They are looking for a part people leader, part technical problem-solver who has a deep understanding of what motivates and inspires great software engineers, to lead a team of 16.
You will need to be a people leader, part technical problem-solver, to succeed, you’ll need to have a deep understanding of what motivates and inspires great software engineers, be able to navigate them through complicated technical challenges, and work collaboratively with Product Managers.
It is essential the candidate has up-to-date and recent management experience – including 1-2-1, career development, and performance meetings. They will spend most of the time managing but will be expected to be up to date and get hands-on if needed. They will be managing squads of developers.
As an established engineer, you’ll have experience across a range of technologies, which should include some that feature in their stack.
● Line management of software engineers and quality engineers in a matrixed product engineering organisation, across empowered squads.
● Technical stewardship of one or more of my client’s product mission teams
● Hire and develop great people.
● Conduct regular 1-2-1s to ensure your direct reports are motivated, happy and engaged.
● Provide engineering support and guidance to mission Product Managers, Product Owners and squad tech leads.
● Maintain a supportive and engaging team culture focused on high performance.
● Identify and remove obstacles from squads, allowing the engineers in it to perform.
● Work with Chapter Leads and Architecture function, to ensure your squads deliver the highest standards of technical design and implementation and ensure the platform is operationally excellent.
● Accountable for your engineers delivering sustainable value at pace, while managing the expectations of your stakeholders.
● Work closely with the VP of Engineering and CTO to surface engineering insights that chart the team’s achievements and opportunities for continual improvement.
You will also be a key contributor to:
● Improving the hiring and recruitment processes
● Identifying and solving engineering-wide challenges as they appear.
● Investing in the company’s overall platform architecture.
● Ensuring the security of systems and working practice
● Experience leading teams of highly skilled software engineers to success.
● Solid practical and theoretical knowledge of modern software development.
● An excellent understanding of one or more of the key components in the technology stack (ReactNative/Java/Kafka/Kubernetes/AWS).
● Technologists who have proven leadership skills as a line manager to teams of highly skilled engineers.
● Experience building and designing scalable and performant systems, and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company.
● An opportunity to work on changing the landscape for business banking
● A friendly culture that supports flexible working
● An organisation that supports career development
Software Engineering Manager | 6 month Contract | Inside IR35 | Remote (occasional LDN visits) £700-800 p/day