Data Management Officer / Project Manager (BCBS239 Basel Expertise) – Banking Client – Brussels
Duration: 3-6 month
******Data Management Officer – MUST HAVE BCBS239 ******
You will be joining the Data Management Office department (headed by the Chief Data Officer, part of the Operational Excellence division which reports to both the Chief Information Officer and the Chief Business Officer).
The Data Management Office team (DMO) is a multi-disciplinary group of experts with experience and interest in data as a business asset. The DMO is in charge of
- Organizing the end to end data quality management by (1) coordinating the data quality managers, (2) manage company-wide data quality dashboards, (3) prioritize and plan resolution of quality issues.
- Owning the present Data Governance & Management board policy for all entities of the Group, including its organization, implementation and maintenance. This covers amongst others definition of roles and responsibilities, Meta-data Management and Lineage (a.k.a “Data Management Framework”).
- Maintaining and validating transversal information taxonomies.
- Ensuring the coherence of Data Management Methods and Tools between different divisions/departments, and between business & technology.
- Assisting and supporting the meta-data documentation and management (e.g. data dictionaries, data traceability/lineage, data sharing agreements, …)
Your part of the deal
- You provide operational BCBS239 expertise (gained within a Financial Institution in Belgium, and using tools more advanced than excel, visio or powerpoint) to support stakeholders in projects related to BCBS239 compliance (e.g., data traceability for critical risk reports, data quality dashboards, data sharing agreements, …).
- You support the (a) Data Organisation team and communities (focusing on the BCBS239 stakeholders), notably with training, coaching and active communication (b) Data Policy team, (c) Data Governance Solution team, (d) Metadata team.
- You actively support Business and IT users: you review, validate and guide, you provide pro-active advice and coaching to help them achieve their data management goals (focusing on BCBS239 data traceability, data quality dashboards and data sharing agreements).
- You translate the data governance policy in actionable procedures and guidelines, roles and responsibilities, ensuring the implementation and roll-out of the data quality framework and the adherence of the policies and guidelines in projects.
- As a member of the Data Management Office, you are part of the team that actively contributes to harness the strategic data opportunities, transforming the company to realign the data into one of the critical business assets. You report into the CDO.
Experience required: Data Management Officer / Project Manager (BCBS239 Basel Expertise) – Banking Client – Brussels
- You have proven experience in BCBS239 compliance for a Belgian financial institution, documenting data traceability, putting in place a data quality dashboard, setting up data sharing agreements.
- You have hands-on experience with modern data governance and data intelligence tools (e.g., with one of the following tools: IBM Infosphere Information Governance Catalog, Informatica Axon and Enterprise Data Catalog, Alation Data Catalog, ASG Data Governance, SAS Data Governance, Collibra Governance Centre; or with another similar tool) preferably in the context of BCBS239 projects.
- You are familiar with automated data quality management (e.g., using ETL, aggregated dashboards, or specialized data quality tools like IDQ or Ataccama, …), documentation of Data Sharing Agreements, Data Traceability for Business Intelligence and Datawarehouse Re-engineering is a plus.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups. You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
- You have several years of experience in the financial industry, preferably in capital markets or financial markets infrastructure.
- You can work autonomously to deliver and maintain the Meta-data and Data Modelling framework, taking into account dependencies with the other Data Management capabilities.
- You have a passion for data and its added value and you have the strong desire to transform the culture into a data culture.
- You have proven Project Management experience.
- You are conceptual and creative: you are able to recognize common patterns or generic aspects in elements that seem unrelated at first sight; you are able to see dependencies/synergies with other data-oriented subjects and initiatives.
- You are a strong problem solver: you demonstrate strong analytical skills (e.g. breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: 57375737583843
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3-6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Data