Software Development Manager – Java, Cloud, AWS, Big Data, Microservices – No SQL Databases – Cloud Computing, Opensource – £80,000 – £90,000 – London
The main purpose of this role is to lead a Software Development team responsible for our newly product which is business critical and be accountable for overall delivery aspect of it whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by management-
- Develop, manage and prepare best software development team.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers and lead them by example
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of the product you own.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Develop deep and strong understanding the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Work closely with the business and developers on issues related to design and requirements
- Help development team to build high quality products. Make all developers aware what are the quality standards in organization, what value they bring in and encourage them to make the standards even better
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Be a part of a Recruitment Team, assist in skills and culture fit evaluation.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Assist induction process of new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company culture and values, providing effective, valuable feedback on daily basis.
- Be ready to get your hands dirty with actual coding as and when needed, we expect you to spend 40% time doing hands on technical work and test 60% on management activities
Skill set needed:
- Proven experience of managing software development teams including people management of Software Engineering Teams
- Experience using Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment, understanding best practices and trends in software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good experience and technically hands on with Java and eco-system around it
- Good exposure and working experience of any cloud technologies like AWS, Google or Azure, having expertise on AWS would be added advantage
- Working with Big data and advance analytics based system would be huge advantage
- Prior experience in managing multi location teams
- Good exposure to No-SQL databases, API gateways, Micro-services based system architecture
- You must be technically hands on and enough deep understanding of technology such that you can challenge developers and help them be pragmatic in whatever they do
Job Reference: skdevmanager
Salary: £80000 - £85000 per annum + benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP- 3 Months
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: AWS, Big Data, Cloud, Microservices - No SQL Databases - Cloud Computing, Opensource, Software Development Manager - Java