Global Head of Engineering / Head of Engineering – Fin Tech start Up, London – Global role
this role requires someone who has managed teams across multiple locations, someone who can assist with strategy and helping grow the product and grow the teams across multiple locations.
You must of scaled up a team in a start up and ran teams that have grown globally
My client is building critical Financial Technology infrastructure for one of the world’s most promising Fintech ecosystems. they are looking to partner with the highest caliber of individuals who can can help champion our vision of a fully-inclusive financial ecosystem with the consumer at its epicenter.
- Develop, manage and prepare best software development team.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers and lead them by example
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of the product you own.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Develop deep and strong understanding the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Work closely with the business and developers on issues related to design and requirements
- Help development team to build high quality products. Make all developers aware what are the quality standards in organization, what value they bring in and encourage them to make the standards even better
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Be a part of a Recruitment Team, assist in skills and culture fit evaluation.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Assist induction process of new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Effectively manage team members in line with company culture and values, providing effective, valuable feedback on daily basis.
- Be ready to get your hands dirty with actual coding as and when needed, we expect you to spend 40% time doing hands on technical work and test 60% on management activities
Skill set needed:
- Proven experience of managing software development teams including people management of Software Engineering Teams
- Experience using Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment, understanding best practices and trends in software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good experience and technically hands on with Java and eco-system around it
- Good exposure and working experience of any cloud technologies like AWS, Google or Azure, having expertise on AWS would be added advantage
- Working with Big data and advance analytics based system would be huge advantage
- Prior experience in managing multi location teams
- Good exposure to No-SQL databases, API gateways, Micro-services based system architecture
- You must be technically hands on and enough deep understanding of technology such that you can challenge developers and help them be pragmatic in whatever they do
Job Reference: skdevmanager
Salary: £87000 - £120000 per annum + benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP- 3 Months
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: AWS, Cloud, Microservices, VP of Engineering - Java