IoT Senior Level – UK/Remote (Occasional travel)
Day rate: £600 – £900
Duration: 6 months
- Identify, bootstrap key horizontal capabilities related to IoT, IIoT for IT and OT systems with enormous impact across many teams
- Lead a lean, cross-functional team in solving problems related to IoT, interoperability, data access, device management etc. Work with multiple stakeholders including Government, sectors, businesses to ensure the capabilities provide the experience required.
- Create and socialize PoVs to address major concerns regarding sensors, networks, IoT platforms etc.
- Build prototypes to address Technical interoperability, message or data level interoperability, semantic interoperability with respect to IoT solutions.
- Build and deliver proof of concepts (POC), reusable accelerators (frameworks, libraries, SDKs etc.) that makes vertical application development faster.
- Develop end-to-end edge solution architecture for solutions spanning devices, gateways, connectivity and security layers, addressing functional and non-functional aspects for cross-sector/regional use cases
- Be a key contributor to the T&D Digital Office in the quest of building core horizontal capabilities that are required to meet our vision
- Be an evangelist to sell the ideas and prototypes internally to other teams and sectors within the business.
- Advise the leadership team on key technical considerations related to scaling IoT solutions and business applications
- Work effectively other cross-functional teams
- A proven technical background, including 15+ years of experience with IoT and data solutions
- Worked as Principal or Distinguished Engineer in the space covering multiple business domains such as mobility, Industrial IoT, areas such as IoT, Device Identity, Interoperability, Contextual Information Management etc.
- Strong experience and understanding of technologies including hardware devices, microcontrollers, and communication (physical as well as application layer) protocols used for automation, IoT and Edge (LoRa, NB-IoT, Bluetooth and BLE, CoAP, OPC U/A, etc.)
- Prior work with building solutions leveraging OneM2M
- Experience with protocols including MQTT, REST, AMQP, Modbus, OAM-DM, Zigbee
- Strong exposure to semantic IoT interoperability aspects such as NGSI-LD, Contextual Information Management etc.
- Strong experience in Data platforms, data mesh and machine learning solutions
- responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable and distributed big data platforms
- Served as the technical lead across multiple pods within software engineering domain
- Hands on experience in prototyping product/solution ideas
- Been cited as the inspiration for engineers that join their teams
Job Reference: JO-2205-255519
Salary: £600 - £900 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract