Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Senior Appointments
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
Solution Architect (AWS/Cloud/Smart) – Remote/Saudi (travel required)
Day rate: £600 – £800 (INSIDE IR35)
Duration: 6 months
Sector Solution Architects are client-focused, sector experienced, and service-oriented
professionals who embrace challenge and change. They work with client stakeholders as the
technical strategist to co-design the next-generation technologies that shape how the world’s
first cognitive city operates and shares information between tens of millions of users.
Solution Architects work with the Client Engagement, Account Management, Development,
Deployment, and Operation and Maintenance teams to understand the needs of clients and help
them to strategize the vision of the sector, and subsequently to design, develop, and implement
solutions. Solution Architects provide industry specific technology knowledge as well as general
knowledge of technology and engineering best practices. They also help their clients understand
the broader context of products and existing solutions and how their solutions can derive value
from integration with the broader digital ecosystem of the city.
Solution Architects have extensive experience collaboratively designing, system architecting,
developing, securing, and procuring products and services for broad, complex enterprises. They
have exceptional communication skills that complement a deep understanding of software and
▪ Solution Architects provide executive level leadership around technology and overall CxO level
support for Digital Strategy
▪ Solution Architects have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong
relationships with clients and within the team.
▪ Conceptualize and capture entire sector architecture
▪ Solution Architects have excellent written skills and ability to document sector architecture
(large program) design.
▪ Solution Architects collaborate with clients to dissect complex problems and co-design or
procure solutions tailored to client needs.
▪ Solution Architects coordinate with teams from different verticals to ensure customer solutions
are designed and implemented according to a set of guidelines and best practices.
▪ Solution Architects support clients in understanding the context of their solution in the broader
digital ecosystem and communicate complex technical information in non-technical terms.
▪ Support clients in articulating their strategies from a technical perspective.
▪ Help clients break down digital strategies into proposed solutions.
▪ Helps evaluate build v buy decisions and create Analysis of Alternative
▪ Determine feasibility / viability of solution proposals
▪ Construct high level budgeting
Tech & Digital
Platform, Applications & Data Group Enterprise Architecture Management Office
▪ Plan integration with existing / potential assets within T&D as well as external solutions.
▪ Collaborate with other members of the Engineering / Architecture domain to understand the
evolving state of the enterprise architecture.
▪ 15 or more years of relevant work experience in architecture and engineering.
▪ 5 + Years of experience as a program level architect, showcasing ability to create large scale
architectures, estimate costs, manage dependencies and complexities.
▪ Current experience with Cloud, Microservices, Serverless technologies
▪ Previous experience in Digital Strategy / Program level architecture (multiple systems
Comprising an entire ecosystem)
▪ Broad knowledge of software design, architecting, development, and software testing
▪ Experience with successful Start Up organization (going from garage to general use)
▪ Experience with one or more architecture frameworks (IAF, TOGAF, FEAF, DODAF, etc.)
▪ Experience developing format or cloud platforms, including Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, and Oracle
Cloud Infrastructure is preferred.
▪ Understanding of big data processing, data pipeline, machine learning, and AI processing
▪ Broad knowledge of release and configuration management and infrastructure-as-code practices in
both internal and cloud hosted environments is preferred.