Solution Architect – London
Job Purpose Statement
The solution architect will be responsible for the design and documentation of the technical solution required for the project. Working in conjunction with the organisations’ business and enterprise architects and external suppliers, they will ensure the solutions and data structures are fit for purpose.
- Responsible for documenting the “as-is” solution and data to ensure completeness of requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that proposed solutions.
- Documenting the non-functional requirements across the different solutions
- Accountable for ensuring the correct technical solutions are chosen
- Accountable for ensuring chosen solutions meet the business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Leading the infrastructure, data and technology workstream and ensuring its successful delivery
- Responsible for documenting the new technology landscape, interfaces and data flows
- Responsible, as the ‘solution owner’ for ensuring the application, solution and technical architecture of the end to end solution
- Ensuring that the project delivery meets the architecture strategy and policies
- Participating in the selection of delivery partners and technology suppliers
- Responsible for managing the technical risks across the project
- Translating business requirements into technology and solution requirements;
- accountable for making sure that technology decisions deliver the desired business outcomes and requirements
- Accountable for the delivery of key solution/application and technical documentation
- Stakeholder and supplier management;
- Managing technical risk, understanding the risk context and demonstrating a range of risk techniques;
- Managing ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution;
- Accountable as the solution architecture representative on the enterprise technical design authority
We are looking for someone who has previous demonstrable experience in the following:
- Large-scale, complex digital projects and programmes (both front and back end)
- Accountability for the solution for high volume / transaction digital/web channels
- Amazon Web Services
- Content management and customer relationship management systems
- Defining data models, mapping and flows
- Supplier management
- Multi-supplier delivery
- Legacy modernisation programmes
- identify the full range of risks, issues and opportunities presented when making recommendations.
- Is required to work with suppliers and TOC representatives and those of other stakeholders to resolve architecture issues and problems.
- Resolve complex architecture decisions by identifying and communicating options in a systematic and objective manner.
- Keeps abreast of supplier technology roadmaps ensuring that investment decisions are fully informed.
- Extensive (at least 5 years) relevant architecture experience
- At least 8 years relevant experience related to management and technology
- Hands-on/design knowledge of AWS and API gateway platforms
- Experience of designing High volume / transaction digital channels
Job Reference: SARCHITECT
Salary: £70000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 months
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Amazon Web Services, API gateway platforms, Cloud, data models, mapping