Role : Tandem / HP NonStop Application Support Analyst
Client : Financial Services & Banking
Location : London & remote
Salary : GBP 50-55k + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a trusted provider of post-trade services. They provide settlement and custody of domestic and cross-border securities for bonds, equities and derivatives to investment funds, committed to market stability, economies of scale and developing markets locally and globally.
The Applications Development and Maintenance (ADM) division require a dedicated Tandem / HP NonStop Application Support Specialist to assist the department in delivering a broad range of change thereby providing its customers with continual improvements.
As an Application Support Analyst, reporting to the IT Support Manager, you will be responsible for Test and Production Support for their Financial Systems.
- Provides application support for production and test systems, including incident and problem management.
- Participates in application software delivery to both test and production environments. Participates in Production site switches and RDR test occasions.
- Communicates verbally and in writing on complex/large technical issues in a clear and concise format easily understandable by the intended recipient
- Effectively reviews high complexity project documentation from a production support perspective
- Performs the assessment of large scale changes and their impact on Production.
- Able to resolve large scale issues autonomously and assist colleagues with escalations.
- Deals with complex production interventions autonomously.
- Will provide specialist job functions such as DBA or Volume Testing (performance testing).
- Proven & demonstrable experience of Support in a Tandem / HP NonStop environment
- Desirable to have good understanding of COBOL85
- Excellent SQL skills
- Has Tandem fundamental skills
- Experience in wholesale financial markets, ideally with some knowledge of settlement of UK equities or bonds.
- Experience of handling pressurised situations.
- Assertive, pragmatic, tenacious, keeps track of detail, has a “can do” spirit to get the job done.
- Able to operate effectively with both senior and junior colleagues in a matrix management environment.
- Self-managing, self-motivated, team player.
- Able to coach less experienced staff so as to get the best out them.
Job Reference: JO-2303-332074
Salary: £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Application Support, COBOL, HP NonStop, SQL, Tandem