Technical Director- Contract- London- Immediate start
Our client is a leading agency who are focused on delivering a world class customer experience brought together by innovative new ideas and transformations utilizing all the latest cutting edge technology. As the Technical Director you will be leading a range of technology projects and initiatives through their life-cycle, from sales to delivery and account development
Please note that for this role you must have experience within an agency/consultancy working with the ew Business team on RFI’s, RFP’s, proposals, pitches.
- Engaging in new business activities such as pitching and responding to RFIs / RFPs.
- Planning and preparation of projects, including accurate scoping and estimation.
- Overseeing technical teams throughout the project life-cycle.
- Having a high-level understanding of and signing off core application code to satisfytechnical, functional and non-functional requirements of all assigned projects.
- Helping to manage and monitor resource requirements for projects.
- Giving input on, and helping to promote, development procedures, methodologies andstandards.
- Advising on and recommending new technological approaches.
- Help to coach, mentor and give technical advice to developers.
- Collaborate with, and own, the technical relationship with off-shore technical / development teams
- Liaising with clients to represent the business from a technology perspective.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent all-round technical aptitude and understanding of design patterns andprogramming principles.
- Experience of working within an Agency environment.
- Demonstrable ability to lead technical teams from discovery through to delivery.
- Experience in delivering large, complex web applications in a commercialenvironment.
- Ability to design and document technical solutions at a high level as part of defining a project’s technical approach.
- A solid understanding of a project’s technical scope at all stages of the delivery lifecycle via effective estimation and planning.
- Presenting technical solutions to clients and working with client representatives tounderstand requirements.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in responding to RFPs and attending pitches.
- Working with Project Management to understand project limitations (budget, timeline, expectations, etc.) and balancing those with the whole team.
- Working with team leads from other disciplines to collaborate on an efficient technical delivery.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solution focused attitude.
- A solid overall understanding of development methodologies such as Agile Scrum.
- Solid off-shore delivery experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in working with enterprise web content management systems.
- Experience in working with enterprise eCommerce systems.
- Expertise across Java, .NET and LAMP technology stacks.
- Expertise in one or more of the following platforms: AEM, Sitecore, EPiServer
- Familiarity with single page web applications.
Job Reference: JO-1912-155737
Salary: £700.00 - £900.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Agency, Pitches, Proposals, RFIs / RFPs, Technical Director