Venture Manager- Contract – Unique opportunity to build a ‘sleep’ community – a new digital venture in a new category for a FTSE100 company. Sleep is a multi-hundred $bn opportunity and at the cutting edge of science, tech and lifestyle. You will create and run this new business, leading lead it day-to-day via rapid test-and-learn cycles to create value through new propositions
Venture Manager (Sleep Community CEO)
Unique opportunity to build a ‘sleep’ community – a new digital venture in a new category for a FTSE100 company. Sleep is a multi-hundred $bn opportunity and at the cutting edge of science, tech and lifestyle.
Our client is an in-house digital team building businesses that redefining the future. They are a high performance, high cadence, data driven & output focused start up team operating at the cutting edge of corporate venturing.
They are looking for a Venture Manager to set up, create and run this new business, leading lead it day-to-day via rapid test-and-learn cycles to create value through new propositions. Initially in a pilot market (USA) before potentially scaling quickly across other markets.
Ideally this person will be passionate about creating a high growth online business, finding and refining digital product market fit, iterating the model, leading on the acquisition strategy, and ultimately moving the needle to impact globally.
- Ultimately they don’t know what the business will look like so we follow rigorous start up best practise to listen to consumers and quickly build & launch digital pilots around their frictions;
- Setting, agreeing, owning & tracking clear KPIs for each phase of development and adaptation;
- Being confident saying ‘no’ when requests or actions deviate from the strategy/priorities;
- Using external and internal knowledge & capabilities to accelerate and leverage our position.
Team Culture and Inspiration
- Ownership – individual and team: can we do it ourselves? We own the problem & the solution;
- Data driven collaborative decisions: measurement allows real learning and confident transparency;
- Problem solving doers: we are analytical, in the detail, hands on with a bias for action. This allows us to do high speed, meaningful work…every day.
Role: Venture Build, Consumer Acquisition & Product Management
- Responsible for creating a product/offering that forms the foundation of a Sleep Community;
- Owning the consumer: confirm hypotheses around frictions then designing and building initial & MVP products to solve these frictions;
- Managing acquisition tests: a/b & multivariant tests using content, SEO, social, search, emails, etc.;
- Managing engagement tests: differing strategies across product & content to maximise interaction;
- Partnering with digital & tech experts to ensure excellence in UX, engineering, etc
Role: Skills & Experience
- Background: Experience in a high-performance culture e.g. top tier management consultancy, VC backed business, start-up/new venture;
- Education; Undergraduate or MBA from a top institution with some leadership experience;
- Understanding of differing business models & drivers: from KPI’s to DTC to marketing, etc.
- Leadership: comfortable with high expectations/cadence, small motivated teams & complex tasks;
- Data and numbers: at home with spreadsheets, data and decisions supported with numbers;
- Product Management: some experience driving the creation of a consumer-facing digital product using a lean mindset, test and learn methodology, would be ideal;
- Digital Marketing: native with online marketing, engagement, content, measurement & analytics.
Job Reference: 4532523523425
Salary: £500.00 - £800.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date: 01/09/20
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: ceo, Digital, KPI's, Management Consultancy, Start-up, Venture Architect