Venture Manager- Contract- £600-800.00 per day
This is a Unique opportunity as a Venture Manager to build a ‘sleep’ community – a new digital venture in a new category for a FTSE100 company. Sleep is a multi-hundred $bn opportunity and at the cutting edge of science, tech and lifestyle. You will create and run this new business, leading lead it day-to-day via rapid test-and-learn cycles to create value through new propositions.
You will be joining an in-house accelerator team building businesses that will help redefine the future of a FTSE100 business. They are a high performance, high cadence, data driven & output focused team and these behaviours set their culture.
They are looking for a Venture Manager to set up and run this new online business: leading the day-to-day test-and-learn cycles, finding product-market fit & value via new propositions & driving innovative acquisition tactics. Initially in a pilot market (USA) before potentially scaling to other markets.
Team: How they operate
- Ultimately we don’t know what the business will look like so we follow rigorous start up best practise to listen to consumers and quickly build & launch digital pilots around their frictions;
- Setting, agreeing, owning & tracking clear KPIs for each phase of development and adaptation;
- Being confident saying ‘no’ when requests or actions distract or deviate from the end goal;
- Using external and internal knowledge & capabilities to accelerate and leverage their position.
- Ownership – as individuals and a team: they always ask can they it themselves quicker and better? They own the problem, so its critical they find the right answer;
- Data driven collaborative decisions: measurement allows real learning and confident transparency;
- Problem solving doers: They are analytical, in the detail, hands on with a bias for action…every day.
Role: Venture Build, Consumer Acquisition & Product Management
- Responsible for creating a product/offering that forms the foundation of a Sleep Community;
- Owning the consumer: uncovering frictions then designing and building MVPs to solve the frictions;
- Managing acquisition tests: a/b & multivariant tests using content, SEO, social, search, emails, etc.;
- Managing engagement tests: differing strategies across product & content to maximise interaction;
- Partnering with digital, tech & other experts in the wider business to ensure excellence.
Role: Skills & Experience
- Background: Experience in a high-performance culture: top tier consultancy or VC backed start-up;
- Education: Undergraduate or MBA from a top institution with some leadership experience;
- Understanding of differing business models & drivers: from KPI’s to DTC to marketing, etc.;
- Leadership: comfortable with high expectations/cadence, small motivated teams & complex tasks;
- Data and numbers: at home with spreadsheets, data and decisions supported with numbers;
- Product Management: some experience driving the creation of a consumer-facing digital product using a lean mindset, test and learn methodology, would be ideal;
- Digital Marketing: native with online marketing, engagement, content, measurement & analytics.
Job Reference: 46363828
Salary: £600 - £800.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: City of London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Digital, Innovation, Start-up, Strategy, Venture manager