Role: Cloud Native Developer
My client are one of the world’s largest and most innovative Technology, IT Services and R&D organisations. They have a team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, ideapreneurs, inventors, architects, designers and engineers create solutions for global enterprises.
With innovative technology solutions around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity and traditional IT, we help our customers to reimagine business in the digital and disruptive age.
They are currently going through an unprecedented period of transformation and growth, and as a result we are looking for Cloud Native Developers in Central London.
This is a highly visible role based in our new Cloud Native Labs, and you will be responsible for engineering flagship Cloud solutions.
This is a senior Development position and requires a mix of engineering credibility, a ‘Cloud Native’ mindset and strong communication skills.
You will be an experienced Developer and thought-leader, yet we will expect you to stretch yourself further to remain at the forefront of Cloud Native technologies. We will leverage our unbeatable global partnerships to ensure you remain at the forefront of the industry. You are undoubtedly self-motivated and an enthusiastic learner.
- Engineer new, next-generation solutions based on modern Cloud Native principles.
- Create solutions that fully leverage the capabilities of modern PaaS, Micro Service and Container-based environments running in Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud.
- Assess existing complex solutions and recommend appropriate technical treatments to transform the application with Cloud Native/12-Factor characteristics.
- Refactor existing solutions to implement a Micro Services-based architecture.
- Replatform solutions to operate in PaaS environments, particularly based on Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Work on PoC, MVP and Applications Transformation projects that target Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes-based environments.
- Get deeply involved in the hands-on coding/development of projects for some of the world’s largest and most prestigious enterprises.
- Driving thought-leadership within our clients and the industry at large through:
- Contributing to R&D innovation activities
- Producing white papers, reference architectures and best practices guides
- Producing public-facing content such as blog posts and presentations
- Use modern software development and DevOps practices such as CI / CD, Agile, Scrum, XP and Domain Driven Design.
- Advise on Cloud Native application development best practices.
- Help lead, educate and mentor; teach less experienced engineers and share best practice approaches to modern software development.
Required Skills / Experience
- A passionate developer with experience in Xtreme Programming, Agile, Scrum and comfortable working as part of a Paired/Balanced team.
- Building highly scalable, elastic Cloud Native applications that deploy a rich variety of Cloud provider services (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experienced in using the latest technology trends such as Serverless, Containers, Micro services etc.
- Working with clients on the Cloud Native journey and transforming legacy applications and/or green field development.
- Advising and implementing Cloud Native development best practices such as 12 factor application principles.
- Working as a Cloud Native developer within a DevOps team.
- Agile software development in a fully automated CI / CD environment.
- Development frameworks: JAVA, JEE, Spring, Spring Boot
- Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
- PaaS platform: Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, IBM Bluemix, Azure PaaS, RedHat OpenShift
- Containerisation platform: Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Master’s Degree desired.
- Solid proficiency in hands-on Java development
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum / XP development methodologies
- In-depth understanding of CI / CD
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of professional Java coding
- Experience designing and programming applications in Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud environments
- Experience building applications using Containers and Serverless technologies
- Experience creating highly available, large-scale enterprise applications.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as: Java, C#, Python, Node.js and Go.
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor).
Any questions, Please reach out to Sam Cusden at email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-1809-140417
Salary: £80000.00 - £115000.00 per annum