Cognos Reporting Developer – Banking Client – Brussels
Duration: 1 year freelance contract
***Remote Working till the end of 2021. You will need to be onsite in 2022***
Our technical teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both our internal as external clients.
We deploy changes in the production environment in a controlled and structured way that doesn’t compromise production stability and we ensure applicative production support.
Our non-technical people maintain the maturity of the IT project delivery with appropriate controls in line with the group’s risk appetite and reducing development and running costs.
The Chapter Reporting and Data analysis is in charge of the development of management, regulatory and client reports.
The key skill required to work in the Chapter Reporting and Data analysis is to be interested by both the business world and the IT world. For that reason, we are looking for a person with an IT background and a strong business interest.
- Refine the business requirements to understand the scope of Cognos reports
- Design and develop the framework based on the Data Warehouse or Data Lake tables
- Create an easy to use reporting layer for the end user
- Develop the reports and dashboards requested by the users
- Define the scheduling requirements for the reports
- Ensure a full testing of the frameworks, the reports and the dashboards
- Prepare the deployments & installation instructions for the developments
- Support the users in their development and usage of the Cognos reporting tools
- Your main responsibilities will be to handle Business Intelligence developments; based on your in depth knowledge of both Business and Business Intelligence you will act as catalyst in order to identify pragmatic solutions.
- You will identify the right balance between Cost and Quality/Completeness.
- You have technical skills and a good business understanding/interest
- You master IBM Cognos suite
- You have practical experience of several applications developed using these tools
- You also master the basics of dimensional modelling.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence methodology and agile development methods such as SCRUM is clearly an asset.
- Experience in Power BI as a clear plus.
You are :
- eager to learn and interested in new technologies
- able to learn quickly how an application works
- meticulous in your work
- service oriented and solution driven
You know how to :
- work on several tasks in parallel while sticking to deadlines
- work independently as well as in team, you are willing to share knowledge with your colleagues
- communicate efficiently with all stakeholders
- spoken and written English is a must
Please do send across you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: JO-2109-246437
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 1 year contract
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs, Testing & Quality Assurance Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract