Feature Engineer / Developer (C#,.NET, MQ Series, Connect Direct, SQL server, Cloud) – Banking – Brussels
Rate: €600 – €700 per day
Duration:1 year freelance / contract
Working Remote at present due to Covid – must be able to be onsite thereafter.
My client is currently looking to hire into their Digital team. They are looking for a Feature Engineer / Developer responsible for the solution designing of the features for the integration of vendor packages for the Digital domain.
- A Feature Engineer can be assigned to one or multiple initiatives of the tribe or to a specific area of the Digital Channels domain.
- The area of the vendor packages requires a review of current infra hosting solutions (eg cloud) and a further integration with other applications in the ecosystem.
- The Feature Engineer details further the high level solutions defined by the domain & solution architects in collaboration with the designers and developers of the impacted the clients development or vendor teams.
- The involvement of the Feature Engineer / Developer starts during the definition step where he will support the solution architects with impact assessments and detailed functional knowledge.
- The focus of a Feature Engineer is set on the more complex features that require multiple teams to deliver.
- The Feature Engineer will coordinate from a content viewpoint the solutioning of features with the team designer and the vendor and will follow up during the delivery phase that the solution is implemented according design.
- Design issues raised during delivery that cannot be solved by the team will be addressed by the Feature Engineer.
- Collaborates with the Solution Architects and the ADO (Application Domain Owner) to define the architectural solution in line with the architecture strategy and the business needs
- Supports the Product Owner in preparing features and translating them into workable Stories for the delivery teams.
- Coaches and supports delivery teams in implementing Features and Stories in line with the architectural solution.
- Plays the role of end to end designer cross teams to ensure the overall solution consistency of all developments in the team, managing dependencies in an appropriate way
- Drives resolution of cross platform design issues with the designers of the other teams/platforms and relate with the ADO’s
- Maintains a good functional knowledge of company business operations for the domain
- Is able to understand and assess client needs, identifying issues and opportunities and recommending appropriate solutions
- Supports the ADO in the feasibility studies of new initiatives, reviews and challenges scope, solution and cost estimates. In some cases acts as delegate of the ADO, in which case his role is to define together with the architects the solution and provide the estimates, thereby interacting with a wide range of stakeholders within business and IT.
- Is able to be a backup of the communication/reporting ADO when required
- Performs design reviews to ensure functional and technical consistency of solutions
- Ensures that technical debts in the applications owned by the teams are put on the agenda for prioritisation vs functional developments
- Maintains a correct level of up-to-date transversal documentation for the domain.
- More than 5 years experience as a Designer in vendor packages implementation
- Experience as a Developer in a distributed environment
- Experience in delivering cross functional multi platform designs
- Very good analysis & investigation skills, ability to break down complex problems and develop solutions
- Ability to operate in a changing environment and to participate to the change
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, active listening)
- Proven experience to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities while maintaining overall control
- Assertiveness in driving tasks to completion
- Experience with offshoring
- Interest in/understanding of agile practices and methods, especially TDD, DevOps, test automation and Continuous delivery pipeline
Technical skills required
– .NET 4.7
– Cross-platforms integration mechanisms (e.g. MQ Series, Connect Direct, …)
– SQL Server 2017
Following skills are a plus
– Standard development patterns (e.g. M.V.C.)
– Azure DevOps Server
– Test automation
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy or your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: 9573859937264729
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 1 year contract
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract