Front End Developer- Contract- Remote- £500-600.00 per day
Our client are a new accelerator team pioneering within a FTSE100 company, you will be solving complex designs to build websites and apps using React delivering reliable web experiences that delight visitors, web experiences that are slick and fast. You will also be helping the team improve engineering standards, tooling and process through mentoring, guidance and collaboration.
Tech stack is : React, Node, Gatsby, AWS, Cypress & more
The role :
- Help deliver reliable web experiences that delight visitors, web experiences that are slick and fast (90 and above Google Lighthouse scores).
- Help the broader team on front-end best practices, tooling, monitoring, debugging.
- Help the team improve engineering standards, tooling and process through mentoring, guidance and collaboration.
- Work with other engineers and product leads across the division to prioritise, build, measure and iterate new features and products.
- Be part of the first response team in dealing with incidents and issues our platform. We live and breath under the precept “You Build It, You Run It”. Engineers own their code throughout its lifetime.
Skills required :
- A natural ability to crack complex designs.
- A business mindset when delivering the work: someone that does not pursue technical perfection/purity, but prioritises business and customer value instead.
- Solid understanding of web performance (bundling, lazy-loading, fonts loading, caching strategies, web infrastructure).
- Significant experience building websites and apps using React.
- Significant experience in communicating and working with software teams, working towards building inclusive and fun working environments.
- Significant experience working with and supporting wider engineering teams with a variety of needs and experience levels.
- Experience creating and improving Webpack bundles.
- Experience in SVGs manipulation and CSS animations.
- Experience in writing code with 100% test coverage.
- Follow and implement SEO and Accessibility best-practices.
- Strong analytical capabilities: confident navigating Google Analytics and Google Search Console, and exploring and analysing engagement metrics, and A/B tests results.
- Experience working within high-performance teams,
- A very driven personality and thrives in working in environments that require high autonomy.
- Ability to create, run and set up automated synthetic tests (Cypress).
Nice to have :
- Experience working in mono environments, aka “just production”.
- Certified in AWS.
- Experience with Webpack module federation.
- Experience using GatsbyJS.
- Experienced configuring UI build pipelines.
- Experience working with Node JS (in production systems.)
Job Reference: JO-2011-195800
Salary: £500.00 - £600.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: A/B tests, AWS, CSS, GatsbyJS, nodejs, react, SEO, SVGs