Full-Stack Engineer – Outside IR35 – £500-550 p/day – 6 month contract (React, Node, AWS)
About the client:
My client is an incubated start-up within a FTSE100 company. They are a Global disruptive digital data business serving 70m visitors across 30 markets. They are an in-house accelerator team pioneering the use of digital publishing to capture data and drive double-digit growth globally across all markets through subsequent use in digital marketing initiatives.
About the role:
We are looking for disruptive, outside the box thinkers to join an exceptional team of bright, experienced engineers to work across front-end and back-end technologies to support a global publishing platform. Experience working with the latest AWS stack is desirable.
The candidate will:
- Work with other engineers, product managers and designers across the company to prioritise, build, measure and iterate over new features or products.
- Help the team improve engineering standards, tooling and process through mentoring, guidance and collaboration.
- Build APIs and services that reliably deliver functionality to our customers using NodeJS.
- Build elegant interfaces, focusing on web performance and accessibility.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes as we grow
- Work with other engineers and leads across the division to prioritise, build, measure and iterate new features and products.
- Be part of the first response team in dealing with incidents and issues our platform. We live and breathe under the precept “You Build It, You Run It”. Engineers own their code throughout its lifetime.
The candidate may be a good fit if they have:
- A business mindset when delivering the work. Someone that does not pursue technical perfection/purity, but prioritises business and customer value instead.
- Significant experience in communicating and working with software teams, working towards building inclusive and fun working environments.
- Significant experience building websites and apps using React.
- Experience creating and improving Webpack bundles.
- Experience in writing code with 100% test coverage.
- Strong analytical capabilities: confident navigating Google Analytics and Google Search Console, and exploring and analysing engagement metrics, and A/B tests results.
- Solid understanding of web performance (bundling, lazy-loading, fonts loading, caching strategies, web infrastructure).
- Significant experience working with and supporting wider engineering teams with a variety of needs and experience levels.
- A track record of building maintainable and easy to operate systems.
- Experience working within high-performance teams, and is very driven and thrives in working in environments that require high autonomy.
Any combination of the following would make the application stand out
- Experience working in mono environments, aka “just production”.
- Certified in AWS.
- Experience building Chat Bots.
- Experience working with DynamoDB, Lambda, S3 and CloudFront (even more if the candidate has demonstrable experience with Lambda @ Edge).
- Experience with serverless architectures.
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience using Tailwind CSS
Job Reference: JO-2102-197464
Salary: £500 - £550.00 per day
Salary per: zero
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract