Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Role: IT Application Support Analyst
Client: Financial Services company
Salary: £45k-£50k p/a + Bonus + Benefits
* Manages Production and Test Environment support from an application perspective
* Resolves Production incidents affecting the applications under their control and communicates effectively with the internal Business Users
* Resolves Business information requests
* Adapts and orientates the process to best fit with IT strategy for improving the quality of the Production environment
* Actively seeks to improve production support through improving existing methods, tools and expertise
* Supports Production & Test Environment applications; independently resolving complex incidents; Leads process improvements and improves methods and tools
* Works autonomously with periodic checks by Manager.
* May also act as informal team lead role based on experience and expert knowledge.
* May coach others.
* Has a recognized technical expertise
* Provides application support for production and test systems, including incident and problem management.
* Participates in application software delivery to both test and production environments. Participates in Production site switches and RDR test occasions.
* Communicates verbally and in writing on complex/large technical issues in a clear and concise format easily understandable by the intended recipient
* Complete User Requests, both Internal and External, in a timely manner within agreed SLAs.
* Effectively reviews high complexity project documentation from a production support perspective. Performs the assessment of all large scale changes on their impact on Production.
* Able to resolve large scale issues autonomously and assist colleagues with escalations.
* Deals with complex level interventions autonomously.
* Able to code in a programming language and perform development activities for large scale changes.
* Create or amend scripts/ macros where required to maintain or improve support tools.
* May provide specialist job functions such as DBA or Volume Testing (performance testing) and can work in an undefined / new area and may improve upon set guidelines and routines. May guide other colleagues in undefined work areas
* Must have experience working in application support/service support on a Linux platform and capable of writing SQL statements, shell scripts or HP non-stop/COBOL experience.
* Must have excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving skills and knowledge of software development life cycle
* Certification – ITIL Foundation