Are you looking to be part of the future of energy? Are you passionate about helping to make a difference with climate change with this Lead Full-Stack Python Software Engineer role?
Role: Senior/ Lead Full-Stack Python Software Engineer
Location: UK Remote, (1 day per month in office)
Salary: Up to £100,000 (depending on experience)
We’re looking for a Full- Stack Lead Software Engineer to work alongside our friendly team of software developers, product managers, designers and more that are at the forefront of transforming the energy sector. Their software stack comprises a single-page app and a backend running on a server less infrastructure. You’ll work on their core product – In a typical week, you’ll be involved in writing and reviewing code as well as taking part in or influencing the discovery and scoping of new features, working in a cross-functional team of developers, designers and product managers. This is a hands-on lead role involving the line management of other engineering members of your team.
- You have 4+ years experience developing modern web applications which follow user centred design principles, working in small build-measure-learn iterations.
- You have experience throughout the product development lifecycle: initial concept, prototyping/MVP, launch, growth, and maintenance.
- You have an appreciation of both frontend and backend architecture, concepts and principles, even if you specialise more in one than the other, and have an appetite to contribute to architectural decisions.
- You care about the progression and development of others, and have experience in mentorship or line management.
- You are familiar with cloud-based platforms and scalable server less hosting (we use AWS Lambda, among other things).
- You are a strong communicator and take pride in explaining complex technical concepts to peers, including non-technical team members and stakeholders.
- You are committed to good practices for continuous delivery including code reviews, testing and documentation.
- You are motivated by their mission to make our energy system smart, flexible and clean.
- You are naturally empathic, and are always mindful of the humans who use and benefit from your work.
What you can expect:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) 35-hour week – with flexible working hours (within core business hours)
- Hybrid working – with a minimum requirement to come into the office twice per month, to meet with your team
- Life Assurance, Income Protection and private Healthcare with Vitality (medical history disregarded)
- A monthly expense budget for the extra kit or tools you might need to get your job done to the best of your abilities at home
- Annual allowance to spend on professional development
- A super welcoming, supportive, collaborative and transparent culture where the priority is to help shape your role to find the best balance between what we need as a business and your career progression plans.
- Regular off-site – where the whole company gets together.
If this looks like a role that excites you, then don’t hesitate to email email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2208-258571
Salary: £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 24/08/2022
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent