We require a Lead Java Software Engineer to play a key role in the design and development of this migration, leading in the development work on the back end of the project and driving deliverables in line with company objectives. Reporting to the Head of Development and Testing, with accountability to our Principal Software Engineer, the successful candidate will lead in the back-end development of the new software solution, which will be adapted for use across all areas of our business. The role will be a combination of home and office based.
What you are responsible for:
- Assist in the design and development of new software products.
- Lead on technical design for Java-based development projects.
- Amend software to correct any issues
- Enhance existing software solutions to cater for new functionality requests.
- Manage and mentor mid-level and junior developers
- Produce and maintain technical design documentation
- Ensuring coding practices are in line with company processes and standards, supporting the Principal Software Engineer in maintaining these
- Consult with customers and business analysts to help define software requirements.
- Assist with third line support for existing software
- Work with the business analysts to help define support requirements for new software products
- Develop both client-based and web-based software solutions
- Minimum of five years’ experience in software engineering, specifically in Java-based roles, with at least two years’ experience of leading Java-based projects
- Previous experience in working alone and in teams on software engineering projects
- Experience with working with the following technologies:
- SQL (preferably PostgreSQL dialect)
- Microservice Architecture
- RESTful Web Services
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Experience with working with the following technologies would be highly beneficial:
- React front-end development
- Dropwizard framework
- Kubernetes or other microservice orchestration frameworks
- Front end development, particularly using React
- Experience with health care related software and standards would be beneficial, particularly in the primary care sector.
Job Reference: JO-2112-249870
Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: developer, Java, Lead, Microservices, programmer, SQL