Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Lead PHP Developer
Fully Remote based in the UK
£70 000.00 – £90000.00 per annum
This is a great opportunity to join a purpose-driven business that keep over 11 million domain names and the businesses and individuals behind them online. You will be a hands-on, inspirational, technical leader with outstanding PHP development skills. Ideally, you will also possess some knowledge of Python and/or Java, but a general aptitude and flexibility to learn is more important. Your skills in mentoring will help us develop the staff in your squad, both in Agile/Lean processes, as well as technical skills.
What you will be doing:
* You should be familiar with API and microservice design patterns and bring Test Driven Development and code maintainability (eg. SOLID) expertise to the table.
* Docker and containerisation will be second nature to you, as will usage of various AWS services. Experience with serverless (eg. Lambda/Bref) and data analytics (eg. Kinesis) is particularly advantageous
* Working alongside our commercial Product Manager, you will work to understand our customer needs and translate these and our business roadmap into backlog items for development and see these through to production.
* Breaking big challenges into small chunks of deliverable value will be second nature to you, as is creating simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
* Driving full ownership of the Registry Backend technical estate and operations, you will enable your squad to succeed in delivering an outstanding service to our customers.
productsTechnical skills/business skills required:
● Strong PHP knowledge, including frameworks such as Laravel.
● Inspirational leadership style and skills in mentoring.
● Skills in Agile/Lean, TDD & SOLID principles.
● Previous experience of designing and developing APIs and microservices.
● Knowledge of AWS, Docker, CI/CD pipelines, code quality controls and security.
● Working knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB and good query practices.
● Fundamental understanding of good API design.
● The ability to build strong customer relationships.
If this opportunity is of interest, please get in touch!
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.