Network Engineer (Cisco, TCP/IP, Prime) – Brussels
Salary: €50,000 – €80,000 Plus relocation package
The ICT Network Engineer Specialist role is not a hands-on role and will be responsible for tasks in the following two different areas:
- PCN rollout project activities supporting the ICT Network Delivery Manager to organize and perform all the project related activities i.e. communicate effectively with all project’s stakeholders, request and collect information or feedback related to the project, organize status update meetings or calls, prepare technical documents related to the PCN network , develop short or long term plans for project activities etc. For the PCN rollout purposes the ICT Network Delivery Specialist will work closely with the PCN Rollout Project Manager and the PCN Network Architect.
- Operational activities (for the portion of the network that has been already delivered) The PCN operation has been assigned onto two service providers that provide the Network Operation Centre (NOC) service and perform the day to day operation. The ICT Network Delivery Specialist should be in contact with all CGM providers (NOC, NSC, hosting providers)
Responsibilities and tasks
The ICT Network Delivery Specialist role does not include any hands-on duties and it is suitable for candidates with previous hands-on and network operations experience in a Service Provider or Enterprise environment willing to move or already working in a network project coordinator or network service delivery role with no hands-on involvement.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing technical complex issues and drives the resolution process.
- Making sure that network design adheres to project’s key documents like contract and Security Plan by engaging Network Security Centre and IT security experts to assess any changes on the approved design.
- Producing any technical and non-technical network related documentation such us procedures, guides, design documents and any as built documentation to effectively handover network to Network Operating Centre and Network Security Centre for the operational phase.
- Requesting and collecting information from all entities participating in the network rollout summarizing the received feedback as appropriate.
- Participating in project meetings related to planning activities and provide feedback to identify and size all activities and tasks required to implement the full-scale network as per the approved design.
- Coordinating internal and external network engineers to ensure that delivered solution meets requirements, specifications and business expectations. Profile
- University degree in information technology is mandatory
- Cisco CCNP is a plus. Energy sector knowledge will be a plus Full English proficiency (oral, written) 10+ years’ experience (5+ years in an engineering role capacity) in the design, implementation and operation of large networks using Cisco routers (ISR, ASR), switches (L2/L3, Catalyst, Nexus) and firewalls (ASA) – experience with other vendors will be a plus. Experience on working closely with Telecom Service Providers and troubleshoot issues on international links provided by multiple service providers Experience in designing, implementing or operating high-available networks using the below technologies, protocols and tools: o MPLS, QOS policies, traffic engineering and prioritizing techniques o Dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP). o WAN layer 2 point to point Ethernet links over different underlying technologies (SDH, MPLS, DWDM etc.) o Network management and monitoring protocols and tools (SNMP, Prime, NetFlow, etc.) o Different types of hardware appliances like traffic generators, wan simulators etc. o Sniffers analysing TCP/IP traffic to troubleshoot network or application issues
- Understanding of Load Balancing concepts and ability to assess, identify design weaknesses and troubleshoot issues.
- Understanding of Service Management process (incident, change management, etc.)
- Strong experience on working with local and remote teams.
- Good Communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deal with different vendors, providers and/or contributors located in various countries.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
- Committed, able to work against tight deadlines.
Job Reference: SL012
Salary: €50000 - €80000 per annum + Additional benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent