Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Software Engineering Jobs
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
PHP Architect / Lead Engineer | 6-8 week contract | £600-700 per day | Outside IR35
Location: Paddington, London (Hybrid working) or Fully Remote
Reporting to: Technical Director
We are looking for a highly skilled PHP Engineer/Architect to conduct an application/code audit of a legacy PHP platform with a goal to provide a high-level analysis of areas for improvement and/or recommendations for complete re-development.
The application has no formal documentation (or source comments), and was developed in France, so experience working with non-native English code bases, or French language skills an advantage.
The activity will be time-boxed (minimum one month) with an option to work with us in the future re-design/build of the platform.
· Take an existing code base and deploy application for local analysis and testing
· Audit the high-level features and functionality, and asses the quality of code in terms of reliability, performance, maintainability
· Outline the pro’s and cons of in place optimisations of the existing code base vs complete redesign/re-build
· Work with the Tribal team to consolidate and present these options to internal stakeholders
Experience / Skills:
· Strong understanding of native PHP application development, the application was recently upgraded from version 5 to version 8, so a working knowledge of these versions (and older) will be key.
· Ability to use tools to efficiently analyse code, and reverse-engineer an understanding of key functionality and data integrations
· Understanding of varied data architectures and the interactions between them, ability to analyse data schema’s
· Experience in the technical design, architecture, development of enterprise PHP applications.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in layman’s terms.
· Understanding of French language, or demonstrable experience of working with non-English native code-bases and applications.