Principal Front End Developer (React) | Outside IR35 | Remote | Initial 3 months £500-£600 per day
You should be an established Lead REACT Web Developer and practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best-in-class web applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
- Hands-on development on medium to large scale projects.
- Expect a 70/30 split for hands-on development time and team lead activities.
- Work closely with others to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Implement testing strategies and promote rapid but high-quality development practices.
- Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set, however below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
- Expertise in ReactJS
- Expertise with, or able to draw parallels with other JS frameworks specifically Angular.
- Experience with consuming, architecting and publishing reusable code, modules or libraries (npm) or Developing SDKs.
- Expertise of CSS3 & SASS; Selectors & Hierarchy, Layouts, Responsive Design, Knowledge of Flexbox, and CSS Object Model.
- Expertise in building web-applications using Responsive Design techniques.
- Expertise in graphic rendering using HTML5.
- Knowledge of Code performance and optimisation approaches and techniques.
- Experience with NodeJS scripting and applications.
- Experience working with and adapting CI/CD pipelines.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience building Design Systems, pattern libraries or SDKs.
- Experience with Web APIs (Geo, Storage, Device features, and Service workers).
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 6+ years’ industry experience.
- Advocate of Technical Delivery methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM & KANBAN) and opinion on the strengths of each, or Hybrid approaches.
- Proven experience of Leading a team of developers.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Be able to talk for Technology to Non-technical audiences such as clients, stakeholders, and non-technical team members (especially UX & Creative).
- Be able to talk for Yourself, expressing opinions backed up by reasoned argument.
Please include a link to work portfolio/Github. We’d like to see your code.
Job Reference: JO-2110-247531
Salary: £500 - £550.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract