Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Software Engineering Jobs
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
Principal Software Engineer | Freelance | 3 months | Outside IR35 | Remote | £500 per day
You should be an established Lead developer and practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best-in-class digital applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be. In particular development of Node services and integrations, API design and development, and capable of DevOps activities, building and integrating APIs on Azure cloud and Azure DevOps. A background in Java is also desirable.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· development and design of large-scale projects.
· Work closely with others to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
· Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
· Architect, implement and achieve buy-in of solutions.
· Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
· Minimise technical risk and ensure high-quality output.
· Implement testing strategies and promote rapid but high-quality development practices.
· Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
· Operating in Lean, Agile or Hybrid approaches.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
· Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
· 6+ years’ industry experience.
· Be able to understand and take on vision and ideas, design upon those ideas, and communicate and gain developer buy-in for implementation.
· Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
· Be able to talk for Yourself and Technology, expressing opinions backed up by reasoned argument.
· Advocate of Technical Delivery methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM & KANBAN) and opinion on the strengths of each.
· Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
· Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set. However below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
· Expertise in Node.js / Java
· Expertise in Microservices, MACH, ‘JAMStack’, Serverless and Event driven Architectures.
· Expertise in Node libraries, frameworks and npm package consumption.
· Expertise in architecting, writing and publishing npm packages.
· Experience developing and consuming HTTP APIs such as RESTful and GraphQL
· Experience integrating SaaS products, such as Headless CMSs, and other SaaS Marketing and Design Technologies.
· Expertise in Build and code quality tools, including tests and test automation
· Experience in DevOps, scripting, CI/CD approaches and implementations, including code branching strategies.
· Experience in provisioning Cloud Services, particularly Azure or relevant experience with AWS or GCP.
· Experience with Cloud hosted SQL and noSQL databases.
· Experience with Azure and AWS DevOps (Repos, Pipelines, Artifacts)
· Experience developing PWAs, Web workers and Web APIs.
· Experience in Webapp performance, profiling and testing.
This is a 3-month freelance assignment with the possibility of extension.