Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Digital Scrum Master | 3-month contract | Inside IR35 | £500 per day.
Location; London, Birmingham, Bristol or Manchester (Onsite 2-3 days a week ideally)
This Digital scrum master is responsible for driving the successful delivery of digital products and services across my client’s organization, managing the product backlog, removing blockers, and ultimately delivering value to the organization.
My client’s Scrum Masters are leaders and coaches for an Agile Team, focused on embedding agile principles, methods, and practices to improve delivery velocity and achieve desired outcomes.
They help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
1. Planning & Alignment
· Coordinates a diverse team to deliver digital initiatives which enable benefits for customers, aligned to the portfolio strategy.
· Partners with a range of internal and external stakeholders to align on planned initiatives, resolve issues and bottlenecks and achieve collective benefits.
· Partners with, coaches and supports the Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized.
· Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies (e.g. backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos/showcases).
· Optimises team allocation and resourcing by guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
· Identifies opportunities to resolve risks and issues relating to delivery and any impacts on related components or teams.
· Helps the team to focus on the delivery of high-quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence.
· Focuses on outcomes and achieving benefits (e.g. high product quality, high customer satisfaction, reduced risks, improved project controls, faster ROI).
· Promotes continuous improvement by tracking and communicating Agile metrics to the team, management, and any impacted stakeholders (e.g. team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart).
· Escalates risks, roadblocks, and cross-team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team.
2. Team Engagement & Performance
* Uses KPIs to Identify and implement ways to improve the team, process, and service performance and suggests and implements changes to how the team operates.
* Acts as a team-based servant leader in service to the team’s needs.
* Fosters team engagement by building a safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of retribution.
* Coaches the team on Agile principles, methods, and practices, in alignment with Agile Coaches to understand maturity models and coaching strategies.
* Executes capability uplift and training, in alignment with Agile Coaches and the organization at large.
* Works with other Scrum Masters to improve the application of Agile practices and cross-collaboration on delivery execution.
* Champions Agile and contributes best practices to our internal community as well as external Agile communities.
3. Delivery & Measurement
* Leverages technical expertise to deliver initiatives, from definition to implementation, in order to achieve customer outcomes aligned to strategy.
· Driving Engagement: Demonstrated experience fostering and empowering high-performing teams.
· Agile Frameworks: Demonstrated understanding of the principles, components, and features of Agile frameworks, with a continuous learning approach to new concepts and best practices.
· Coaching: Demonstrated experience in coaching, with a strong servant leadership philosophy.
· SDLC: Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle and technical change delivery.
· Facilitation: Excellent facilitator, with the ability to communicate and adapt your style based on the situation/ context.
· Conflict Resolution: Demonstrated experience in effective conflict resolution within and across teams.
· Problem Solving: Demonstrated experience solving complex problems across cross-functional contexts.
· Facilitation of multiple teams, scrum-of-scrum experience, experience on multiple projects/programs across different contexts.
· Knowledge of scaled agile delivery frameworks.
· Scrum Master Certification preferred (PSM2 / ACSM/SAFe).
· Extensive experience in the role of an agile delivery manager mastering delivering cross-functional change using Agile (i.e. across business and technology) – at least 2-3 years.
· Demonstrated coaching experience, with a strong servant leadership philosophy.
· Demonstrated experience fostering and empowering high-performing teams.
· Experience in working across a wide range of internal and external technology suppliers to align plans and deliver business outcomes.
· Context-specific Agile techniques (e.g. XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, TDD, Automated Testing, etc.)
· Domain-specific knowledge of applicable products.