Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)| 6 month contract | Inside IR35 | £750 per day
A short description of the job
My client is looking for an SDET to help define and implement the testing strategy across their products.
Working in customer-focused agile squads, you’ll be collaborating with product managers, designers and engineers to define the next iteration.
You’ll work closely with software engineers from all specialisms to discover and build solutions that ensure reliable and scalable testing of my client’s software. A primary focus being to deliver a high-quality, secure product to their customers, at pace.
What your day-to-day looks like
· Working collaboratively across their missions to define and continually improve their testing
· strategy for new and existing products
· Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend
· Build scalable automated testing systems that enables us to ship value to customers at
· Support other engineers to test their software and act as a subject matter expert
· Work with stakeholders across the business to shape the future of quality engineering and put long-term interests of their customers at the heart of key decisions
· Drive the direction of their testing chapter to ensure it maintains the highest standards of
· technology and process
What we’re looking for
· Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language (we predominantly work
· Hands-on experience with common back-end and front-end test automation frameworks,
· and integrating these into the continuous deployment pipeline
· Knowledge of software performance and automated security testing techniques and tooling
· Awareness of cloud infrastructure and configuration
· A strong understanding of Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD)
· Experience delivering and testing distributed microservices as part of an agile team