Senior Support Engineer – Windows Server 2008 – 2016, VM Ware, Active Directory, Windows 10 & MAC OSX – London – £42,000
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support to staff across all office locations.
- Provide IT support to staff either face to face, via email or telephone as required (including remote users or those in other offices).
- Assist with the induction of new starters, configuration of PCs and ensuring satisfactory on-boarding from an IT perspective, including creating new accounts.
- Provide advice and assistance for IT-related user enquiries, including those relating to business applications.
- Ensure all calls are logged and responded to within a reasonable timeframe.
- Take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when addressing all user issues, where necessary working with the user to manage and correctly interpret their needs.
- Keep call records updated and users regularly informed where problems can’t be resolved immediately.
- Support the IT infrastructure (including servers, desktop & mobile devices, network, switches, firewalls, wi-fi etc) taking proactive maintenance and troubleshooting any problems.
- Provide printer and telephony support across all offices.
- Escalate issues to third-parties where appropriate and ensure these are followed up to a satisfactory conclusion.
- To assist with configuration and installation of hardware and software upgrades when required.
- Undertake ad-hoc infrastructure/desktop remediation work as directed.
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills, quick thinker, problem solver and able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Customer-orientated mindset.
- IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Excellent all-round technical skills including Windows 7/10, MS Office 365, networking, security, PC hardware, printers etc.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good prioritisation skills according to urgency of demand.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools, including Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience providing first, second and third line support in a fast-moving, commercial organisation.
- Experience of the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016.
- AD Administration, configuration including GPO
- Hosted Email services including Office 365
- Mimecast & other end-protection/security services
- DNS & Domain Management
- Client OS: Windows 10 & MAC OSX
- Client side software: MS Office, Adobe CC
- Familiarity with Hosted Services/SAS
- Networking Infrastructure including switching, VPN
- Backup, Archival & Cloud storage
- Telephony systems: VoIP, SIP, PBX etc.
- Mobile telephony including iOS & Android
- MS & Oracle SQL Knowledge
- IT-related qualification would be desirable (e.g. MCP/MSCE/ITIL)
Job Reference: JO-1808-139535
Salary: Up to £42000.00 per annum + Benefits
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 Month