Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Service Desk Engineer – Retail – London
Duration: 3 months initial
Day rate: £150 – £200 (OUTSIDE IR35)
Reporting directly to the IT Service Desk Manager, the role has a particular focus on supporting the Head Office in London and remote EPOS global support to the Retail stores. This is a hands-on role that is responsible for excellent customer service to the circa 300 head office users and 160 Retail stores globally.
The role will be based at the London office but may require travel to retail locations and other offices Globally on occasions. The role will work closely with Infrastructure teams as well as other IT Functions. You will be required to support users face-to-face and via telephone using tools such as VNC/RDP etc.
We don’t use third parties who will pass on the issues – we do it all ourselves. Excellent knowledge of POS hardware, PC’s and MS operating systems is vital for you to survive. You’ll be ordering replacement equipment when needed direct from vendors, ensuring that it arrives as planned and then talking store staff through the transition. You’ll arrange the return of faulty kit and ensure it is fixed so it can go back into circulation to serve another day.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
● Detail and task oriented individual.
● Quick minded and strong communication skills.
● An enthusiastic & self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
● Thrive in a fast paced environment.
● Engaging and able to quickly generate confidence in key relationships.
● Ability to work well both individually and within a team.
● Flexible working due to business needs.
● Occasional travel to our other stores/offices.