Software Application Specialist (Power/Transmission Grid) – Brussels
Duration: Full time/Contract
General position description
You will work on the third layer, responsible for delivery including installation and operation follow-up reporting to the ICT Delivery Manager.
As the expert of the topics and/or applications, you will be an IT specialist and accountable for one or more business application and associated services, including IT requirements.
Responsibilities and tasks
You will be responsible for:
- IT development skills, with a strong willingness to understand the business side of the assigned topics
- Reviewing and updating functional, technical, product specifications and documentation
- Ensure the progress of the different topics, take charge of tasks in an autonomous manner
- Administrative aspects inherent to management (meeting organization and follow up, etc.)
- Ensure communication with our users/stakeholders
Your main tasks will be:
- Work together within the CGM ICT OPDE Delivery team to analyse and translate further business/functional requirements into concrete IT specifications to be provided to and discussed with third-party IT manufacturers
- Propose and ensures solutions are compatible and consistent with existing applications
- Measure and monitor progress during each test to ensure that the business applications are tested, validated, and piloted on time and that it meets or exceeds expectations
- Perform quality reviews to ensure traceability of the designs to the requirements
- Control, validate and challenge third-parties or vendors with respect to data architecture, data governance, operational support and service levels
- Assist the Technical Architect in defining and reviewing the technical requirements for the platform, including security, performance, quality, and operations requirements
- Follow up on application security, risk and other incidents when needed
- Collaborate with other Support engineers and Product owners to make sure that the architecture components interact to fulfil the requirements and meet performance goals.
- Contribute to ensure organisational readiness and business commitment for deployment.
- Manage day to day issues reported by users related to business application with a proactive approach against recurring issues
- Drive/Support tests relevant to your topics and/or applications:
- Testing experience involving non-monolithic applications strong testing monitoring skills
- Organisation of testing campaigns
- Collection and report quality metrics
- Determine quality KPIs and other controls
- Master’s degree in engineering sciences or equivalent.
- IT development skills, with a strong willingness to understand the business side of the assigned topics, including reviewing and updating functional and technical specifications
- Hands-on experience is software delivery.
- Relevant experience in industry, in particularly on Power and Transmission Grid
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC standards and process. Power System and Grid Management Domain skills and background
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to deal with different providers and/or contributors located in various countries
- Quick self-starter, ability to solve problems
- Team-worker, but able to work independently
Job Reference: SL011
Salary: €3000 - €7000 per month + negotiable
Salary per: month
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent