Windows Systems Engineer – Finance
Day rate: £300 – £400
Duration: 9 months
As a Windows Systems Engineer you will be responsible for documentation, deployment and troubleshooting of the complete IT Linux environment including, but not limited to Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, Automated Server Build, VMWare, and some PowerShell. We are looking for someone with at least 3 + years’ experience of working in similar roles.
The goal of this position is to provide infrastructure delivery and support for our Windows estate. You will deliver high quality solutions as part of a projects team, working to agreed standards and timescales under an Agile framework. You will also be responsible for determining methods and procedures on technology deployment. It is expected that there will be an equal focus on both service and security and an awareness of both is essential.
- Project delivery and service migrations.
- BAU work on behalf of technical and business teams.
- Perform remediation on computer hardware, software, and firmware, or make changes to systems management software, to improve performance and eliminate problems.
- Patching and vulnerability Management.
- Performance tuning and management.
- Adherence to ITIL standards and processes
- Will be required to work outside normal hours.
Technical Skills – Core
- Windows OS 2008 – 2016
- Active Directory
- VMWare Operation
- Scripting technology
- HPE Servers
Technical Skills – Desirable
- McAfee security products
- Cloud Technologies (AWS / Azure)
- Database Technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience with ticket tracking software, specifically Service Now.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Ability to identify and implement technology and/or cost/process improvements.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Ability to work without direction.
- Flexibility in working hours as out of hours’ delivery will be required
Job Reference: JO-2102-198036
Salary: £300 - £400 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 9 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract