Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Technical Lead – Front End (3 month Contract – Inside IR35) £570 p/day
Industry: Apparel and Fashion
Core Experience: Front-End (React), CMS, eCommerce platforms, SDLC, Product management.
Reporting into the Head of Product you’ll play a key role in driving the technical direction of the customer facing digital applications and directly leading front end delivery of my client’s shiny new eCommerce platforms. Think single page app, react front end, APIs and micro-services….minimal monoliths!
Following the re-platform of their CMS (headless react based), recommendations engine and eCommerce / checkout (single page app with react front end) you’ll lead setting up my client’s ongoing agile delivery function to continue building and optimising the new platforms.
What you’ll contribute
You’ll grow the front-end engineering team adding to their existing team, as well leading a scrum master in the orchestration of delivery.
Embedded into Product & Design you’ll ensure my client are effective from prioritising their backlogs, managing their velocity to releasing frequently to high quality standards.
My client are establishing a new org, building up Product, Design and Engineering, new ways of working with mission led squads building customer focused roadmaps driven by insight. You’ll play a central role in establishing a new culture, identity and workflows
The role and it’s responsibilities
We’d like to see applicants who..
* An exceptional track record in delivering quality front end engineering solutions and delivery management
* 10+ years’ experience of Front End eCommerce platforms (CMS, check-out, search)
* Thorough understanding of Node JS and React.js including building applications in React
* Extensive experience hiring front end engineers (including React engineers) and scrum masters
* Extensive experience building and leading successful delivery teams as well as hands on delivery management
* A solid understanding of how web browsers function
* Strong experience with continuous integration and e2e delivery
* Experience with TypeScript
* Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
* Experience with data layers
* Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs
* Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
* Experience with common front-end development tools
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements