Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
A short description of the job
We’re looking for an experienced React Software Engineer to work within our agile feature teams.
You’ll be self-motivated with a passion for both business and technology innovation. We look for
but also know when to apply off-the-shelf solutions to solve the problem.
At Mettle we use a range of technologies across the stack including: TypeScript, GraphQL, Node,
React, Java, Kafka and Docker/Kubernetes.
You’ll be familiar working in a lean, kanban or scrum agile methodology and comfortable working
in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same. You’ll also be passionate about user
experience and have an eye for improving the UI.
What your day-to-day looks like
● Working within an agile feature team, developing and enhancing the Mettle website, web
app and other internal tools
● Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is well-tested and easy to maintain and
● Support and oversee junior engineers and act as a subject matter expert
● Work with stakeholders across the business to drive the direction of mettle’s engineering
and put the long-term interests of customers at the heart of key decisions
● Collaborate across our web chapter to uphold standards and best practices, and to promote
● Working collaboratively with the team to resolve technical issues
What we’re looking for
● Demonstrated delivery of web applications
● Comfortable working with REST APIs using asynchronous patterns
● Experience with Git, including understanding of branching and merging workflows
● Experience with optimising code for performance and quality
● Experience working in a Test Driven Development like environment
● Working knowledge of Apollo (client and server), React Hooks, SASS/SCSS and Webpack
● Good knowledge of Node.js and production-level GraphQL
● Design-minded attention to user interface implementation
● Message-driven architectures / Kafka / event sourcing
● Use of Jest, Cypress and Pact for testing