Business Application Analyst / SME – Digital Energy – Stakeholders, Vendors, Gathering Requirement, – Brussels
Salary: €60,000 – €70,000 + Benefits
***Must be Happy to relocate to Brussels***
General position descriptions
The successful candidate will work in Brussels within the Common Grid Model section.
The team is comprised of 20 internal/external staff. S/he will work on the Business Applications layer, responsible for the delivery of these applications, including installation and operation follow-up.
Responsibilities and tasks
Key tasks/responsibilities will include:
- Acts as an IT applications specialist (SME) and is accountable for one or more business application(s) and associated services
- Works together with the Business Application Lead to analyze and translate business functional requirements into concise User Requirement Specifications to be provided to 3rd Party software vendors
- Validates solutions, as put forward by software vendors, are compatible and consistent with the existing Applications Suite and meet the User Requirement Specifications
- Works closely with the Technical Architect in defining and reviewing the technical (“non-functional”) requirements for the application and platform, including security, scalability, performance, quality and operational requirements such as disaster recovery etc.
- Measures, monitors and reports on progress during each test phase (e.g. Factory Test, System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test) to ensure that the new/upgraded business applications are tested, validated and piloted to schedule and that they meet or exceed the agreed test exit criteria
- Drives the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), mapping test conditions to the design and ultimately the User Requirements Specifications
- Works closely with 3rd party vendors and suppliers on a quality solution delivery, ensuring relevant contractual obligations are in place to meet further development of the applications and adequate vendor operational support is in place to meet the defined service levels of the new/upgraded applications
- Closely collaborates with other Product owners to ensure the application and architecture components integrate seamlessly, fulfilling the requirements and meeting the overarching goals of the CGM Program
- Works alongside key business stakeholders to build momentum on organizational readiness and gain business commitment for deployment
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the business application suite you will:
o Manage issues reported by users related to business applications
o Address application security, performance and other incidents as required
o Apply systematic Problem Management techniques to proactively minimise recurring incidents
o Apply Service Improvement techniques that will identify areas of improvement that can be incorporated into future upgrades
o Pro-actively develop a Product Roadmap for future enhancements and upgrades.
- University degree in a relevant discipline with practical experience of business and ICT processes and applications in a complex environment.
- 5 years prior experience in a similar role as outlined is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English, with the ability to adapt to the target audience.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills with an ability to understand the business perspective, their motivation and drivers.
- Strong 3rd party vendor management experience including service level management as well as contract management.
- Self-starter that can work independently on area of expertise but is also a team player, working closely with other Product Owners and technical teams to achieve the goals of the program.
- Power System and Grid Management Domain Skills would be a distinct advantage.
- A proven SME, accountable for all aspects of the Product definition and development: o Excellent analysis skills, focussing on the business objectives and needs from the Product
- o Defining and maintaining the Product definition at a functional and non-functional level, including the construction of Product Roadmaps
- o Manage the implementation of Product Roadmaps that align with business needs.
- o Managing verification campaigns on all aspects of the Product as it travels the defined Roadmap, collecting and reporting on quality metrics
- o Define the service expectations of the Product (KPIs etc), monitor these pro-actively with our vendors to ensure SLAs are met
- o You will be the “go to” person for your domain for users and key stakeholders.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
This job ad was posted by Salt.
Job Reference: 473869390346
Salary: €60000 - €70000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Testing & Quality Assurance Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Business Application, Gathering Requirement, Stakeholders, Users, Vendors