An exciting and rewarding open position for a Network Engineer. This international telecommunications conglomerate is looking to on-board a versatile Network Engineer to join their Cyber program on a hybrid working basis in either HEMEL HEMPSTEAD or IPSWICH.
This contract is scheduled to run for 12 months, accompanied by a daily rate inside IR-35. My client is looking for Network Engineer’s well-versed with working across technology infrastructure.
All applicants MUST have an ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE MINIMUM.
- SC clearance or DV Clearance.
- General design and implementation subject matter expert knowledge across a range of networking infrastructure technologies and products.
- Experience in designing DWDM networks including topological design, capacity planning, circuit design, modelling and fault-finding operational scenarios.
- Detailed understanding of technical aspects of DWDM, SDH designs, knowledge of OTN, optical planning awareness and impairment impacts.
- Hands on ability to configure, test, commission and install DWDM/SDH/Ethernet equipment with minimal vendor guidance.
- Demonstrative experience in ancillary systems and equipment required to support carrier scale network, including IP routing, Ethernet, wide range of transport test equipment (IXIA, EXFO, JDSU).
- Experience with legacy TDM and low speed transmission systems.
- Vendor experience: Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia DWDM systems, Nokia Engineering and Planning Tool (EPT), Juniper experience an advantage.
- Defining and creating design and implementation documentation in line with customer requirements.
- Proven commercial awareness to ensure solutions meet customer requirements both technically and in terms of cost.
- Identifying and mitigate risks, and problem-solving for networking infrastructure technologies.
- Communicating and influencing across all levels and all technical abilities.
- Working in major public industry sectors, e.g. HM Government departments or agencies.
- Knowledge and experienced of HMG compliance policies.
- Build the right networking infrastructure solutions from customer requirements.
- Provide end-to-end networking infrastructure technical design, implementation and accountability throughout the pre-sales and delivery life cycle.
- Define and create pre-sales and post sales technical collateral.
- Develop customer relationships and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Providing key technology design and implementation expertise.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF AN ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE AND BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE AFOREMENTIONED LOCATIONS.
Job Reference: JO-2208-257972
Salary: £300 - £440 per day + Inside IR35
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Testing & Quality Assurance Jobs
Job Locations: Hertfordshire
Job Types: Contract