Senior QA Engineer – London – Unit Testing, PHP, QA , Automation, LAMP, Unit Testing, PHP, QA , Automation, LAMP, Unit Testing, PHP, QA , Automation, LAMP
Senior QA role
- My client is growing out 3 teams which the QA will act as a service to: Projects team – Business as usual team – Future stack (new architecture + micro-services) team
- Looking for a QA Engineer to build out and establish the QA process from scratch.
- Looking for a very experienced individual
- Will eventually grow out their own team and manage up to 2 or so testers under them within 1 or 2 years
- Reporting to the Head of Technology
- Looking for someone to walk into the business and their first thought be “What can I and the business do with a QA department?”
- To introduce automated deployment
- Senior profile with a view to being a manager eventually. Writing test and being hands-on, as well as taking part in planning and strategy.
- Ideally someone coming in from a big company looking to take on a challenge and owning it.
- Understanding their tech challenges, and having experience across the board.
- Goes without saying eCommerce experience is super desirable but not the be all and end all.
- Someone that has worked in Business Critical System
- Someone that is familiar with legacy and modern tech.
- 5 years+ experience
- Comfortable testing without using a framework
- Helping with new build systems
- Self-starter/Sufficient to walk in and get on with it straight away – confident working by themselves.
Interview process – 2 stages.
- Telephone screen: Head of Tech
- F2f – 15min/20min presentation. Will be presented with a “How would you go about……?” situation. Which will be completely on the spot.
Why are they looking for QA Engineer?
- Never done automated testing which is starting to become time consuming.
- Their systems are evolving
- They want to scale and need to scale, and they need extra support because the tech team is growing.
- Challenges: building automated testing in a legacy system!
- This might change in the future, but on a slow and gradual basis.
- They are also about to embark on a micro-services survey, but due to having a legacy system at the moment, they won’t be rushing it.
- As mentioned before part of it’s tech is legacy and part of it is a newer system which they are slowly trying to introduce.
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 Month