Note: Please only apply to this role if you are confident with Automation testing, cucumber, selenium & Java.
My client have a built a new kind of platform – powered by Open Banking – that helps consumers win in the daily fight to get good value from the businesses they deal with.
Consumers don’t have time to check how they’re spending their money every 5 minutes. But this product does – this product quite literally does it all day and is brilliant at it.
The product performs three key tasks for its customers:
Keeps an eye on their bills to make sure they aren’t being ripped off
Scours the internet to find ways for them to save money on the things they already buy
Shows them all their bank accounts in one place, making the process of managing money super-simple.
My client’s only goal is to help everyone spend, save and live smarter.
With a passion for technology and design as well as belief in what my client is setting out to achieve, we’re looking for a crazily brilliant QA tester to join the team.
With a minimum of 3 years’ hands on, fresh experience in any industry, you’ll have been integral to the build of several published Web applications. You’ll be driven, super smart and hugely thorough with a knack of being able to communicate outcomes clearly to those who are not in the technical detail. Critically you’ll also have an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the quality assurance of the new Web App
- Planning and creating test specifications and test scripts
- Manual testing front end and back end testing
- Test automation for both new feature development as well as regression
- Non-functional testing
As a successful applicant for this role, you’ll have:
- A working experience of web-based application testing and assurance
- Experience in writing test cases
- Experience in working with and writing acceptance criteria
- Experience of working with databases and good basic SQL skills
- Experience of API testing and knowledge of JSON and XML would also be an advantage
- Ability to clearly define and communicate your ideas, test approaches and bugs you find
- Ability to document your findings clearly
- A strong emphasis on usability best practices o High attention to detail
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience in working with lean methodologies in both Kanban and Scrum in a feature led environment
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in functional, regression, usability, smoke and exploratory testing
- Experience in the end to end software testing
- Experience with test automation o Experience in executing test scripts, validation and verification
- Libraries & Tools: Jira, Confluence, TestRails, Charles, Fiddler, Automation testing such as Selenium, BrowserStack
We of course want you to have the right credentials and experience for the job, but crucially we want to see a thirst for learning and an entrepreneurial spirit. Working in a start-up is a lot of fun and incredibly fulfilling; but it is hard work and without the support and infrastructure that exists in big business. You must be able to thrive in this environment. And whilst you are here to get a job done, we would love you not to feel constrained by your role and get involved where you can, to make this product a success.
Job Reference: QA
Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + share options
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Testing & Quality Assurance Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Automation, Browserstack, Charles, Confluence, Fiddler, Jira, QA, Quality Assurance, Selenium, testing, TestRails