Our client is looking for a contract SDET to work on a new multi-platform OTT/VOD application, working with the iOS & Android mobile teams. Introducing all the latest cutting edge technology and best practices, this it work on multiple re-builds for the Video player, customer experience such as signing up, picking new products and services on to your account, help centre and general looking after your account.
- Participate, identify and write acceptance criteria for each user story so that quality is baked into the implementation.
- Design aggressive and thorough system and integration tests.
- Review the tests written by your colleagues.
- Pairing with developers.
- Application of Testing Pyramid.
- Must be able to build test frameworks from scratch.
- Execute any manual exploratory testing which may be necessary.
- Ensure the functionality developed is coherent and usable and fits the Product Owner’s expectations for the iteration.
- Collaborate with users to identify and perform tests for edge case and complex scenarios.
- Manage and operate a QA environment including builds and deployment.
- Work in the team to achieve consensus agreement and binding decisions.
- Work in the team to continuously improve process and behaviour through regular reflection and adaptation.
- Excellent knowledge of testing web and mobile apps.
- Must have extensive coding experience in Java 8.
- Behaviour driven testing tools like Behave, Cucumber etc.
- Some development experience (could personal projects).
- Experience with testing frameworks like Appium, Selenium etc.
- Use of device & browser farms like, i.e. AWS, BrowserStack etc.
- Testing web services and APIs (for example, REST, SOAP services) using XML, JSON.
- Testing large integrated systems with a high degree of functional complexity.
- Being highly motivated and a capable team member.
- Collaborating within a team to reach consensus about technical solutions, weighing up options clearly and concisely.
- Someone that demonstrates active and conscious awareness of their environment, sensing and anticipating situations and being able to ask the right questions at the right time.
- Someone that is comfortable with change, able to fail fast, learn quickly, and be able to adapt to new challenges.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Be readily accountable and hold other team members accountable.
- Subversion or Git.
- Unix / Linux skills.
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI etc.)
- OTT/Video streaming experience.
- A track record of delivery, and getting things done.
- Passionate about code quality and test coverage.
- Perfectionist most of the time, Pragmatist when required.
- Great communicator, always keen to discuss your ideas on a whiteboard.
- Enjoy showing off your wares – we do regular showcases of our work.
- Have fun doing what you do, and this rubs off on the rest of the team.
Job Reference: JO-1810-141199
Salary: £500.00 - £550.00 per day