Senior Mobile Software Development in Test | 3 month contract | Outside IR35 | £500 p/day
You should be an established Senior Mobile Automation Software Engineer with Quality Assurance and Testing domain knowledge and experience of implementing automation for native mobile apps for both iOS and Android using Appium & Java, Espresso & XCUITest. Ability to own and utilise the best-in-class testing tools and techniques for Integration tests, Defining and pushing adoption of Unit test strategies, Visual comparison testing, Performance Benchmarking, Accessibility testing and End-to-end journey testing.
- Hands-on coding, responsible for guiding and implementing the Automation Test strategy within a DevOps environment, and plumbing into CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance, and Development teams to identify and implement gaps in the testing strategy with Automated scripts.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
- Technical Documentation for Technical Design, Technical Decisions and Implementation details.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set, however below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
- Experience in testing native iOS and Android Apps
- Proven experience of creating mobile automation frameworks and tests using Java based tools like Appium with Junit/testNG, Cucumber
- Experience in using mobile test framework and tools using Appium, Espresso, XCUITest
- Experience in testing native mobile frameworks or SDK
- Experience with mobile cloud based testing and automation using BrowserStack/SauceLab/Perfecto
- Implemented visual testing using tools such as Applitools / Percy as part of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Storybook/other component libraries
- Experience in developing, integrating and debugging automation tests within Azure Devops CI / CD pipelines
- Experience in accessibility testing for WCAG guidelines using tools such as WAVE, assistive technologies
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
- Testing and Automation for Design Systems, Pattern libraries or SDKs.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience within the QA domain.
- 2+ years of experience in applying Automation tools and strategies.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level Certification qualification or similar
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security
- Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication and reporting skills
- Champion continuous improvement and best in class software development processes.
- Happy to collaborate with developers and take on automation and non automation/tech tasks
This is a 3month freelance assignment, with view to extension.
Job Reference: JO-2112-249937
Salary: £0.00 - £500.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Testing & Quality Assurance Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract