Senior Automation QA Engineer – Surrey – £80,000 – £110,000 – Automation, Linux,Senior Automation QA Engineer – Surrey – £80,000 – £110,000 – Automation, Linux
My client is an exciting SAS business based in Surrey, they are building a new QA Team. l read the criteria carefully below and if you feel you have the skills then apply and I will call you to discuss all the points
You will deliver automation test scripts to ensure that the system at integration level is in a consistent state of build and is safe to be deployed. As a senior test engineer you will be equally as adept technically as you are with testing.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of the overall system
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions
- Write test cases and script them on the chosen test platform
- Employ Continuous Improvement methods to ensure robust and thorough testing
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction
- Monitor testing performance to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation
- Conduct compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs
- Extensive experience around testing and automating Linux systems, particularly RHEL7
- Adept with Postgres and relational databases.
- Knowledge of bash shell / command line in Linux.
- Debugging and analysis of system logs.
Nice to have:
- Deep knowledge of APIs and REST.
- Experience working in an IBM mainframe environment either as a programmer or in an operations support role; sufficient enough to articulate key mainframe concepts
- DB2, CICS, IMS, Websphere/IBM MQ
- Security principals (RACF / ACF2 / Top Secret)
- IBM IMS Systems Programming for TM/DB
- x86 system admin experience
- Use of Confluence, Git, JIRA, HP ALM/QC
- Development experience in C, C++, C#, VB or VBScript, PERL, PYTHON, Java, REXX, PL1, HLASM, Cobol
- UI / UX testing experience (browser based)
- Certified ISEB/ISTQB at advanced level
- PMP, Prince2 or Six Sigma certification
- Scrum master
- Work closely with stakeholders and be comfortable communicating at all levels
- A self-starter, you pick things up and run with them.
- A tenacious problem solver, you actively pursue and resolve issues.
- Curious / Desire to understand how things work / Propensity for breaking things
- Autonomous – Comfortable working with little direction in an ambiguous environment
- Good communicator – Especially written
- Persuasive – ability to engage and influence with thoughtful dialogue
- Excellent Listener
- Risk taker
This is a perm role based in Surrey
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 Month