As a key technologist in the DevOps and Automation team, help drive DevOps and Automation practices at product and program level. Engineers enterprise-level technology solutions for CI/CD and Cloud automation through infrastructure as code, containerization, and config management. Ensure robust Cloud engineering and DevOps practices for solution planning, technology development, deployment, release, hyper-care, and operations of technology solution. Apply Site reliability principles to ensure availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning and act as a bridge between development and operations by applying an engineering mindset to system administration.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS (MAXIMUM OF 10)
- Lead the discovery phase of Cloud adoption/ migration by partnering with the Architects and Security to strategize well-defined DevOps and Cloud engineering architectures.
- Lead the automation of change management, building resiliency, monitoring, capacity planning, and emergency response for a set of products that you are responsible for.
- Act as a lead for service reliability, scalability, and performance for a set of products as part of system enablement team for Agile release trains. A primary lead who identifies and improves the lifecycle of products/services by addressing flow of value through the continuous deployment pipelines.
- Review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
- Collaborate with Release Engineering, Product Development, and Security teams to develop change management strategies – e.g. canary-style deployments, pushing out new releases without interrupting services, and rolling back features that demonstrate problems.
- Enable automation of everything possible and ensure continuous deployment pipeline is always in good health and is responsible for the technical design and high-quality coding for technology products with built-in quality and production deployment ready.
- Build, maintain and operate technical environments for software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment based on cloud application design principles such as 12-factor apps.
- Embrace DevSecOps principles to advise and architect security solutions with engineering and product teams, ensuring all technologies and projects are robust and adhere to security standards.
- Be an advisor to enable the teams to drive corrective, adaptive, preventative, and perfective maintenance of solutions automating environment management, service management, infrastructure management, and cybersecurity aspects of the systems
- Apply Site reliability principles to ensure availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning and act as a bridge between development and operations by applying an engineering mindset to system administration.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- 6+ Years of hands-on experience on DevOps implementation and/or Cloud Computing/Migration (AWS, Azure, VMware, GCP) and Systems Administration.
- At least 4+ years of experience in enterprise-level IT projects Cloud-based technologies (PaaS, IaaS, Cloud Infrastructure Services).
- Extensive Experience in architecture and support best practices in a Hybrid cloud environment or Amazon AWS/Azure Cloud.
- Exceptional knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
- Hands on knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Groovy, Maven/Gradle, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker, Openshift
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience in deploying and troubleshooting highly available, secure, and reliable services with automatic failover using containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Experience with issues facing large-scale server environments.
- Experience with Linux management tools such as automated provisioning (ansible, puppet, razor), containers (docker), virtualization (VMware, KVM).
- Experience in Scripting (shell, python, Go)
- Skills for monitoring and automation.
- Experience working with automation and CI/CD implementation for microservices architecture.
- Hands-on experience on designing and building solutions that allow multi-cloud environments.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2103-198684
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 1/05/2021
Job Industries: DevOps & Cloud Jobs
Job Locations: UAE-Dubai
Job Types: Permanent